Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Gyms in Norfolk?

1. hey baby, you got the love I need...
    hey baby, you got the love I need...

Gyms in Norfolk?

Advertisements
    Can anyone suggest a good (preferably affordable) gym around Granby and Little Creek road? I'm on a diet and I've been taking 2 walks a day and pilates but I feel like I want to do more. I really dont want to spend a lot of money on it though.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If you're married, you can go to any of the gyms on base. Gold's gym is good, but pricey. YMCA is also good.
  3. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    YMCA or look for a RIverside Health & FItness near you. they are reasonable too.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    there are gyms at all the bases. NOB and Little Creek. My dh plans to go to one. They are free to everyone who can get on base. So as long as you have your dependent card you can go. I would love to go to the gym. I need it and miss going. but with where I live and my drive with two toddlers...yeah...its a no go. I instead have been working out at home with some home dvds and walking when I can. It helps, but I really miss the gym. I don't know how much the other places cost. Good luck though!
  5. hey baby, you got the love I need...
    This may be a stupid question but what do the gyms on base have? The normal stuff, like treadmills, bikes, weights etc?
  6. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Base gyms are the same as any other gym really .. but free .. (and no daycare )

We go to golds in va beach, but if i didnt have lil man we would still go to gyms on base for free.. When I was pregnant we used to go to little creek all the time, and NOB occasionally because we liked that one better for some reason...
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I believe so. I know there was a workout class at one time in the mornings at little creek. But I do believe they have the normal cardio machines like treadmills and elipticals. And probably some weights. Wouldn't hurt to check it out sometime. I would love to go, but um, yeah I live in Suffolk and that is a bit of a hard reach for me! I could go on weekends, but I do all my errands and clean the house up then. I'm doomed to workout dvds!
  8. hey baby, you got the love I need...
    I'll probably check out the one on NOB...im guessing its the one on Gilbert street?