Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: VA Ladies, Quick question for ya!

1. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Happiness Is A Choice :D

Help VA Ladies, Quick question for ya!

Advertisements
    DH will be stationed at Langley AFB, and we are planning to live in the Hampton/Poquoson area. I'm looking at schools to get my RN from. To be able to start a program anytime relatively soon, I have two options....

1) A branch of Thomas Nelson Community College in Williamsburg, which according to mapquest is about 30 minutes away, but I wouldn't have to cross through any of those tunnels I have heard horror stories about or.....

2) A branch of Tidewater Community College that is in Norfolk, only about 20 minutes away but it looks like I would have to cross over I64 (I think that's it ) and it appears to be one of those tunnels.

So, which school would I be able to get to the fastest and with the least amount of traffic? My current school is about 30/45 minutes away, so I'm not really worried about the drive being kind of long.

TIA
  2. .
    There's tons of ladies down in the Hampton area.
    ing this for you

REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC WHEN POSTING!!

3. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwee View Post
    There's tons of ladies down in the Hampton area.
    ing this for you

Thank you so much
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I'd personally rather travel to Williamsburg from Hampton, than Hampton to Norfolk on a daily basis....

If the tunnel is blocked, due to an accident, you're pretty much SOL, unless you take the L-O-N-G route through the 664 or James River Bridge. Unlike with traveling to Williamsburg, you'd have the 64, Merrimac Trail and Pocahontas Trail.
  5. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    I would probably travel to Williamsburg instead of Norfolk, the Hampton tunnel is such a pain in the rear! lol
  6. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I'd personally rather travel to Williamsburg from Hampton, than Hampton to Norfolk on a daily basis....

If the tunnel is blocked, due to an accident, you're pretty much SOL, unless you take the L-O-N-G route through the 664 or James River Bridge. Unlike with traveling to Williamsburg, you'd have the 64, Merrimac Trail and Pocahontas Trail.
    Quote Originally Posted by iLybabi. View Post
    I would probably travel to Williamsburg instead of Norfolk, the Hampton tunnel is such a pain in the rear! lol
    Thank you so much!!! Thats what I was thinking, from what I have heard from people, but I just wanted to check and make sure. Another question, is traffic usually bad on the way to Williamsburg?
  7. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Quote Originally Posted by csmithwick_819 View Post
    Thank you so much!!! Thats what I was thinking, from what I have heard from people, but I just wanted to check and make sure. Another question, is traffic usually bad on the way to Williamsburg?
    I dont travel to Williamsburg that often so I cant really tell ya! But traffic sucks in Virginia period, the state is way too overpopulated! haha. JMO
  8. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Quote Originally Posted by iLybabi. View Post
    I dont travel to Williamsburg that often so I cant really tell ya! But traffic sucks in Virginia period, the state is way too overpopulated! haha. JMO

I guess I'm going to have to get use to traffic then
  9. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    I guess I'm going to have to get use to traffic then
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I would think no, not on a daily basis, but I've never really traveled there during what would be rush hour times.

I know it does get heavy heading north in that area at the start and end of holidays.