Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Virginia Beach and Clueless....

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Virginia Beach and Clueless....

Advertisements
    Ladies,

I currently live in Dahlgren VA, which is about 3 hrs north of Va Beach and the grandparents are watching the kiddios for a week!!!

The DH and I have made plans to go down to Va Beach. We have a room for 3 nights at the Navy Lodge on Little Creek, but we are clueless on what to do while we are down there. We would like to go dancing more Latin or R&B Hip Hop music, any suggestions or even a bar/club with a mixed crowd (we are late 20's so not really wanting a really young crowd, but man not old gezzers either!! LOL)... Maybe a great place we should eat dinner... Maybe a good romantic beach to walk?

We are just happy to get a few days without the kids at the beach, but trying to make sure we have a few different things to do in an area both of us have never been. Any suggestions would be great!!!
  2. Senior Member
    PM my sister! She lives there!

Knehr. <<username
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tbabygirl1399 View Post
    Ladies,

I currently live in Dahlgren VA, which is about 3 hrs north of Va Beach and the grandparents are watching the kiddios for a week!!!

The DH and I have made plans to go down to Va Beach. We have a room for 3 nights at the Navy Lodge on Little Creek, but we are clueless on what to do while we are down there. We would like to go dancing more Latin or R&B Hip Hop music, any suggestions or even a bar/club with a mixed crowd (we are late 20's so not really wanting a really young crowd, but man not old gezzers either!! LOL)... Maybe a great place we should eat dinner... Maybe a good romantic beach to walk?

We are just happy to get a few days without the kids at the beach, but trying to make sure we have a few different things to do in an area both of us have never been. Any suggestions would be great!!!
    If you're into seafood by the ton, Captain George's restaurant is okay, but not what I would call great seafood. It's a huge buffet with a ginormous selection, and it will cost you about $30 each to eat not counting drinks, but if you like a variety of seafood selections,it's fun. If you prefer a restaurant with a good view, go to Lynnhaven Fish House (on the Bay) or Mahi Mah's (on the oceanfront).

It's getting on time to be able to kayak with the dolphins, and that's kind of neat. http://www.chesapean.com/kayaktours.html

This site lists some of the things to do in the area: http://www.virginiabeach.com/attractions/

Here are some ideas that are a little off the beaten path (including parasailing): http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052202337.html

There's lots of stuff to do down in the Resort Area. When will you be here? During tourist season (now through Labor Day) there are usually lots of bands up and down Atlantic Avenue; it's called Beach Street: http://www.beachstreetusa.com/

Any more questions? Fire away........
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by tbabygirl1399 View Post
    Ladies,

First of all... Change your reservation to the Navy Lodge at Dam Neck... IMHO (If you can) Then... You can walk to the beach from your room to swim... It's a nice beach. Just off of the Dam Neck base... take a right... go right down General Booth Blvd to the Strip... all the tourists shops are there... at 38th or 39th street there is the BEST seafood in the VABeach area... Have the "She Crab" soup... bring me some!

You will pass the "Water Park" on General booth if you are into that... and there is a Marine Science Museum also... I can't remember all the names of the restaurants down there...

If you decide to stay at Little Creek... just ask someone to point you to Shore Drive towards the Beach... and follow it till you get there. Tons of shops and hotels and restaurants down there.

But here is a guide site that might help... http://www.vbrestaurantguide.com/index.html
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Here is a nother link... I like what this guy says about "Harpoon Harry's"

and the Motorcross world he speaks of is right down General booth by the Water park and the Marine Science Museum.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/travel/b...,6499621.story
  6. I love Mikey!!
    I love Mikey!!
    Granby street in Norfolk has all kinds of bars and clubs. I really like the Granby Theater on Granby street. I would stay on the boardwalk , there are lots of like little sandwich places as well as nice dinner restaurants . Fun places to get drinks mahi mah's , crazy charlies has good music but, I wouldn't recommend staying down there to late, Harpoon Harry's Oyster Bar ,Hot tuna and Nicks.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thank you so much ladies!!

I tried to get Dam Neck but FULL!! We are going the weekend of June 19th and checking out Monday. I cannot wait only about 2 weeks away!! I never thought there was this much to do down there. I see a few bar/hotspots listed a few times so I think that is where we are going to go!! I love the internet, but I have never been lucky when I do a search and finding go places to go, they always turn out to be duds. I would so rather get them from someone that has gone!!!

THANKS SO MUCH.... and I might Pm a few of ya! With some other ?????'s
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Ooh, OOH!!! I live in Va Beah and I would LOVE to take you guys around PM me and if I don't get bak to you today, I'm at work