Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT. Drum Ladies

1. Senior Member

FT. Drum Ladies

Advertisements
    Ft Drum Ladies,
    if there are any, i don't know... It looks like DH and I will be moving up there, come this winter, and I was wondering if there are any good Colleges in the area?? and what any other wonderful information you can tell me about Ft. Drum...

Thank you!!

2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    You will definitely need to learn how to drive in the snow!

I live in upstate NY about 3 hours south of Ft. Drum/Watertown and have been there once. The good news is that Watertown is a decent place to live and it has built up quite a bit in recent years.

The downside is they get quite a bit of snow and it's pretty cold in the winter time.

As far as colleges, check with Ft. Drum's education office. They can complement any colleges that are there in the area with distance learning options.

Good luck!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I am an hour south of watertown!

There is JCC in watertown which is a great college. I have had a lot of friends go there. Um, there is also Bryant and Startton in Syracuse (where I go.) That's all I know of for now though.

Make sure you have GOOD snow tires, and a lot of warm clothes! There is a uber nice superwalmart right next to drum too, it's great.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Sweet! We're headed there this summer, we'll have to hang out when you get there!

As far as schools go, there is JCC in Watertown, but that is only a two year and Empire State College which I think is distance learning?

It snows a lot in the winter, so make sure you have proper winter attire! Watertown is a small city, there is a small mall, a target, a super walmart, and a random assortment of chain restaurants. The summers are beautiful!
  5. EMS: The last people you see in life may shock you.
    EMS: The last people you see in life may shock you.
    Blog Entries
    theres also syracuse about an hour south of Ft. Drum
    Loving My Wifeys Sgt'sBaby906 & withyounear
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by flutist23 View Post
    You will definitely need to learn how to drive in the snow!

I live in upstate NY about 3 hours south of Ft. Drum/Watertown and have been there once. The good news is that Watertown is a decent place to live and it has built up quite a bit in recent years.

The downside is they get quite a bit of snow and it's pretty cold in the winter time.

As far as colleges, check with Ft. Drum's education office. They can complement any colleges that are there in the area with distance learning options.

Good luck!
    I know how to drive in the snow, Grew up in Northwest Ohio, and lived in WI for 3 years... Snow Driving i know.. LOL also i got my warm clothes, currently all packed up in storage

Quote Originally Posted by SnarphBlat View Post
    I am an hour south of watertown!

There is JCC in watertown which is a great college. I have had a lot of friends go there. Um, there is also Bryant and Startton in Syracuse (where I go.) That's all I know of for now though.

Make sure you have GOOD snow tires, and a lot of warm clothes! There is a uber nice superwalmart right next to drum too, it's great.
    HA I got an Escape with 4wheel drive. so i think i'm good! Sweet! i'm starting to get excited about moving up there, and i still got 6months to go! so many people up there! YAY!! I'll have to check out JCC and also the colleges down in Syracuse... Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLin View Post
    Sweet! We're headed there this summer, we'll have to hang out when you get there!

As far as schools go, there is JCC in Watertown, but that is only a two year and Empire State College which I think is distance learning?

It snows a lot in the winter, so make sure you have proper winter attire! Watertown is a small city, there is a small mall, a target, a super walmart, and a random assortment of chain restaurants. The summers are beautiful!
    YAY! I can't wait until i move there!! Watertown sounds like my hometime! alright!

Quote Originally Posted by EMSJunkie911 View Post
    theres also syracuse about an hour south of Ft. Drum
    I'm going to check out Syracuse and see whats there and about the colleges...

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    There's also SUNY Oswego in Oswego (1.5 hours away), Clarkson University in Potsdam (1.5 hours away), and St. Lawrence in Canton about an 1 hour away.
  8. Senior Member

[QUOTE=LindsayLin;5257372]There's also SUNY Oswego in Oswego (1.5 hours away), Clarkson University in Potsdam (1.5 hours away), and St. Lawrence in Canton about an 1 hour away.[/QUOT

I'll them all out! thank you Lindsay!! and everyone else too!!

9. Senior Member
    I'm @ Ft. Drum for a little while longer, it's a cute place, ABSOLUTELY beautiful in the summer, Seth and I just got back from Alexandria Bay a few hours ago, it's a little touristy spot, little shops cute restaurants we went to "Brass Tacks" had a great lunch today and walked on the docks in the sun!

I even went to JCC too I liked it*
  10. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I am only here for another 26 days so i wont get to meet you. The others have pretty much summed it up though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast