Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ft. Myer/DC Area

1. Junior Member

Ft. Myer/DC Area

Advertisements
    DHs orders just got switched to Ft. Myer Ive been planning on him going to Korea this whole time so I don't really know anything about the DC area. We are moving in June, and I would love to meet anyone around there!

This is our first PCS, and I have no idea where to start. I think we are planning on moving to Alexandria. I've been looking at some places online, but there are so many! I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on apartments to look at?

I can't wait to meet all of you!
  2. Beltway Bandit
    Beltway Bandit
    Blog Entries
    Alexandria is a great choice I have several friends that live there, it's lovely. My recommendation would be to try to rent as place as near Old Town as you can.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    another NoVa person

I was born, raised and currently a resident of Northern Virginia.. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.. I know DC & MD also.

again You gotta be stoked
  4. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BzzzWife View Post
    another NoVa person

I was born, raised and currently a resident of Northern Virginia.. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.. I know DC & MD also.

again You gotta be stoked
    I am!! I can't wait to get there! I have heard a lot of good things about the area, except for the cost of living . We're from a really small town, so DC will be an adjustment. We are both really excited, though. Do have any advice on apartments to rent? I've been looking on ahrn.com, but I'm clueless about the area.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
    I am!! I can't wait to get there! I have heard a lot of good things about the area, except for the cost of living . We're from a really small town, so DC will be an adjustment. We are both really excited, though. Do have any advice on apartments to rent? I've been looking on ahrn.com, but I'm clueless about the area.

just instant message me.. too much to write lol on my profile (info)
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I use to live in Missouri (30 minutes outside Ft. Lost in the woods)

LOL
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    DHs orders just got switched to Ft. Myer Ive been planning on him going to Korea this whole time so I don't really know anything about the DC area. We are moving in June, and I would love to meet anyone around there!

This is our first PCS, and I have no idea where to start. I think we are planning on moving to Alexandria. I've been looking at some places online, but there are so many! I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on apartments to look at?

I can't wait to meet all of you!
    I live in Alexandria LOVE IT!!!
  8. Senior Member
    Im in Alexandria and I love it! PM me with any questions at all hun..I know how difficult a PCS can be!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I am near there too!!!
  10. Senior Member
    welcome (almost) to NOVA

I highly recommend taking some of the ladies up on their PM offers about Alexandria, it is a great area!! (but like many areas has some not so wonderful parts) I know a few neighborhood names, but def talk to people who live there to get the skinny on what parts are good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast