Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help - moving to Ft Belvior (NOVA)- what areas are nice?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Help - moving to Ft Belvior (NOVA)- what areas are nice?

Advertisements
    Hi - I am new to the site and I am looking for a little help. Currently we are stationed at FE Warren in Cheyenne WY and I can't wait to get out of here! My husband and I am moving to Fort Belvior in June and I don't know what city to live in. Looking online is a little overwhelming. Is anyone in living in NOVA that can give me some ideas or opinions of the areas? Anyone in Woodbridge or Lorton? Is Fairfax county a lot different than Prince William?
  2. Senior Member
    We are moving there also in August. We are planning on living in housing. They told us they had no wait lists at woodlawn. Hopefuly it will still be that way when we get there. I can't really help area wise cause I have never been there. Good luck with your move though!
  3. .
    Do not live in Lorton.
    Fort Belvoir has decent housing. Woodbridge is nice but can get a little pricey and if you're husband works on Fort Belvoir going home would take some patience the traffic sucks big time. Also stay away from Springfield and certain parts of Alexandria. There are nice apartments and condos in Kingstowne Alexandria that are beautiful. That area is very nice.

If you need anything else PM me. I live on base in Fort Belvoir.

REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC WHEN POSTING!!

4. .
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda1986 View Post
    We are moving there also in August. We are planning on living in housing. They told us they had no wait lists at woodlawn. Hopefuly it will still be that way when we get there. I can't really help area wise cause I have never been there. Good luck with your move though!
    And yes there is no wait for Woodlawn. It's always open.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwee View Post
    And yes there is no wait for Woodlawn. It's always open.
    I dont mean to thread jack lol, but is there a reason why they are always open? Are they crappy and nobody wants to live in them???
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Woodbridge is pretty nice . We have lived here for almost 2 years now.
    There are a few areas that can be pricey, but overall it's not that bad.
    As far as traffic goes, yes it can get pretty crazy...but there are a few backways and public transportation options that can really help in that area.

If you want more info on Woodbridge and getting to and from Belvoir feel free to PM me
  7. Senior Member
    Do not live in Lorton.
    Fort Belvoir has decent housing. Woodbridge is nice but can get a little pricey and if you're husband works on Fort Belvoir going home would take some patience the traffic sucks big time. Also stay away from Springfield and certain parts of Alexandria. There are nice apartments and condos in Kingstowne Alexandria that are beautiful. That area is very nice.

This sums it up pretty well. Feel free to PM me anytime since I've been in this area a long, long, long time.
  8. .
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda1986 View Post
    I dont mean to thread jack lol, but is there a reason why they are always open? Are they crappy and nobody wants to live in them???
    Well they were bad but they have recently started giving new carpets and appliances to each new resident. They also can house DOD civilians and Retirees but I don't believe many live there. But I'm going into housing 2marrow to talk about getting my own house because I can't live my sister anymore. I need space bigger than a bedroom for the baby. If you need me to ask any questions for you or need any info let me know.

You as well OP. If you would like to live on base and need info I can find out some info.

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Born and raised in the NoVa so if you need any help just let me know.
  10. Senior Member
    Do not live in Lorton.

Really? My aunt-in-law and uncle-in-law live in Lorton/Mason Neck and they live in a VERY nice neighborhood.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast