Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Questions about the Norfolk barracks

1. Married the love of my life: 5.29.10 ♥
    Married the love of my life: 5.29.10 ♥

Questions about the Norfolk barracks

Advertisements
    How does it work?
    Will I be allowed to stay with him?
    If I can't stay with him and have to get a hotel will he be able to sleep at the hotel with me?
    Do they have curfews?
    Are they nice on the inside?
    Will he most likely have a roomate?

TIA!

May 29, 2010- The day I married my best friend
  2. Married the love of my life: 5.29.10 ♥

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    you won't be able to stay with him. he may be able to get into the per diem barracks and you *might* be able to stay with him in that, but not like every day. when my husband and i first got here they had us in separate barracks, even though we were married. we moved out 4 days later to get our own place.

didn't answer all the questions. since you guys are not married and you are not his dependent, unfortunately that means they will not provide a place for you to stay. if he is in the regular barracks, they are pretty crappy. the per diem barracks however is more like a hotel. they clean your room for you and give you money to live there.

If I can't stay with him and have to get a hotel will he be able to sleep at the hotel with me? he should be, since he is an E-4 and has been in long enough to not be on the phase system.
    Do they have curfews? not for him.
    Are they nice on the inside? not exceptionally
    Will he most likely have a roomate? if he's in regular barracks, yes.
  4. Married the love of my life: 5.29.10 ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    you won't be able to stay with him. he may be able to get into the per diem barracks and you *might* be able to stay with him in that, but not like every day. when my husband and i first got here they had us in separate barracks, even though we were married. we moved out 4 days later to get our own place.
    I will only be there for 2 nights. He is only going to be in the barracks for a month. He is getting flown home from deployment this week because his last day in the navy is before the actual ship comes back.

I don't know if that information makes a difference

5. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Idk, since DH has been stationed in Norfolk he has always just been in the ship so I dont know a thing about barracks! but exciting
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  6. Married the love of my life: 5.29.10 ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post

didn't answer all the questions. since you guys are not married and you are not his dependent, unfortunately that means they will not provide a place for you to stay. if he is in the regular barracks, they are pretty crappy. the per diem barracks however is more like a hotel. they clean your room for you and give you money to live there.

If I can't stay with him and have to get a hotel will he be able to sleep at the hotel with me? he should be, since he is an E-4 and has been in long enough to not be on the phase system.
    Do they have curfews? not for him.
    Are they nice on the inside? not exceptionally
    Will he most likely have a roomate? if he's in regular barracks, yes.
    Thank you! I think I would rather stay at a hotel anyways...i can't picture both us fitting in a twin size bed.
    I am so impatient! I just have to wait a few more days to see how this will work once he is back in the states, but I want to know now!!!!!!!!

7. Married the love of my life: 5.29.10 ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Carlye<3Sailor View Post
    Idk, since DH has been stationed in Norfolk he has always just been in the ship so I dont know a thing about barracks! but exciting
    Same with him. The first 2 years he stayed on the ship when he was stationed in FL. and then in Norfolk he had an apartment, so he never had to live in the barracks.

He has to check into TPU when he gets back. It's Temporary something something. pretty much bullshit work on base until May 15th.

8. Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayErin View Post
    Same with him. The first 2 years he stayed on the ship when he was stationed in FL. and then in Norfolk he had an apartment, so he never had to live in the barracks.

He has to check into TPU when he gets back. It's Temporary something something. pretty much bullshit work on base until May 15th.
    lol well thats very cool If you get to the norfolk area before he gets home or whatever lemme know and we can have lunch or something
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  9. Married the love of my life: 5.29.10 ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Carlye<3Sailor View Post
    lol well thats very cool If you get to the norfolk area before he gets home or whatever lemme know and we can have lunch or something
    I will let you know!!!
    Right now I will just be there april 25-27th. then again May 15th and leave that day to drive back w/ him. So as of now I won't be there much in the next month.