Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fort belvoir Housing

1. Senior Member

Question Fort belvoir Housing

Advertisements
    Does anybody know what the waiting list is like for housing there. I noticed on a website you have to be checked in before you can apply for housing though, how does it all work? We transfer in August but will need something as soon as we get there. Hubby will be stationed at Andrews but we were told we can live in any of the housing out there wether its army navy or air force...
  2. .
    I wouldn't bother unfortunately. It's going to be about an hour and 20 min commute for your husband. Also the housing wait here from what I've been told is long. Also the housing here is not that great. There's things about every village that every resident complains about. I would try to find either base housing at Andrews or try to find off post housing in the area. There are a couple ladies on here that live in Waldorf that may be able to help you more.

REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC WHEN POSTING!!

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwee View Post
    I wouldn't bother unfortunately. It's going to be about an hour and 20 min commute for your husband. Also the housing wait here from what I've been told is long. Also the housing here is not that great. There's things about every village that every resident complains about. I would try to find either base housing at Andrews or try to find off post housing in the area. There are a couple ladies on here that live in Waldorf that may be able to help you more.
    They told her base housing at Andrews is long and the other base housing in the area is in the ghetto. I sent her some houses for rent here. Ft Belvoi is about 30-45 from me and I'm 20mins south of Andrews so it should only take about 30mins without traffic to get to Belvoir from Andrews.
  4. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    They told her base housing at Andrews is long and the other base housing in the area is in the ghetto. I sent her some houses for rent here. Ft Belvoi is about 30-45 from me and I'm 20mins south of Andrews so it should only take about 30mins without traffic to get to Belvoir from Andrews.
    Normally yes but the traffic at rush hour. From what you and my sister have said Waldorf is beautiful and she'd probably rather rent and live there then deal with all the problems people have with the housing here

REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC WHEN POSTING!!