Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballston Spa NY apartments

1. Member

Ballston Spa NY apartments

Advertisements
    Realllllly hoping we won't have to go there and that they will let him spend the 6 months of prototype in Charleston (where I am really liking it and our apartment!!!) but just in case, anyone have any suggestions for apartments near or in Ballston Spa, NY?

I'm trying to be prepared so we don't get stuck with a crappy place last min. We would be looking for 2 BR and dogs have to be okay...

The ones that came up for ballston spa on google search didn't even have websites for info....Hmmmm. Clifton Park seems to have some nicer complexes though.

Let me know any suggestions- Thanks so much!
  2. Member
    i've never lived there but i used to date a guy who lived in Clifton Park... i always thought that it seemed like a really nice area! i'm not sure of particular apartment complexes but there was one across the street from the little mall that seemed really nice!
  3. Senior Member

Living in the area now

Ballston Spa is really small and trying to find an apartment there would be hard. We live in Saratoga Springs housing and it is actually pretty nice. We have two dogs and we have a backyard and there are playgrounds for kids. Let me know if you would be interested in pics. CLifton Park is ok but adds about a 20-30 minute daily commute to the schedule. Saratoga Springs has quite a few apartment places and is a really nice small town. You can also request a list from the housing office here as they maintain a list of everything that is military friendly in the area with all sorts of houses and apartments on the list!

Hope that helps!

Joy

4. (i carry it in my heart)
    (i carry it in my heart)
    I'm from that area - I'd really suggest looking at the Wilton / Saratoga Springs area. Lots to choose from, and it's an awesome area - I miss it so much. Good luck!
    Oh, hey. I'm back!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i would recommend living in base housing because when my hubby went through prototype the hours are long and horrendous! they are tired and worn out and will want to be home as soon as possible and not spending the time commuting

eta: or as close to base housing as possible
  6. (i carry it in my heart)
    (i carry it in my heart)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    i would recommend living in base housing because when my hubby went through prototype the hours are long and horrendous! they are tired and worn out and will want to be home as soon as possible and not spending the time commuting

eta: or as close to base housing as possible
    I don't think there's a lot of "base housing" there, at lease not in the traditional sense that most people would think of... it's wicked tiny.

OP, Saratoga / Wilton / surrounding areas are going to be closer than Clifton Park. I think it took me about 10 minutes to get to the naval "base' or whatever it's called, from Wilton. Hope that's helpful
    Oh, hey. I'm back!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Confused Saratoga housing/apts

We are moving to Saratoga Springs! I would love to see pictures of the base housing if possible. Do you know the sq ft of the place? Right now we are in 1300 sq ft and are quite cramped.
    Wife to Ian Patrick 02/25/2005
    Mom to Zachary Ian 05/24/2006
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Earning a living, while making a difference!
  8. Senior Member
    Base housing is still a bit of a commute to the site. Compared to what I think a lot of you are thinking.
  9. Senior Member
    I lived about 20 mins away from Ballston Spa my whole life..... It's not that bad around there I would suggest Saratoga Springs Wilton Clifton Park or Halfmoon.....Twin Lakes is a very nice apartment complex in Clifton Park.... There's plenty others.... I would be more then happy to help you just PM me!!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCross View Post
    We are moving to Saratoga Springs! I would love to see pictures of the base housing if possible. Do you know the sq ft of the place? Right now we are in 1300 sq ft and are quite cramped.
    Here is the site to base housing. My husband and I looked at moving in there but there is no way that we would have had enough room, and it's just the two of us and our dog. Our sectional couch wouldn't have even fit in the living room. All the have available here are 2 and 3 bedroom townhouses.

http://www.nsusaratogaspringshomes.com/

Site with the floor plans.
    https://www.housing.navy.mil/onestop/_hqd/?bid=148
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast