Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naval Medical Center Portsmouth (Virginia)

1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

Question Naval Medical Center Portsmouth (Virginia)

Advertisements
    If you have delivered and/or received prenatal care at NMCP, how was your experience?!?

TIA!!!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hated it... the drs wouldn't listen to my needs... The hurses were rude.. the only good thing was the NICU staff.
  3. Senior Member
    ahem, something you gotta tell us?
  4. Senior Member
    Oh and a guy who was on T's boat at the last command.. his wife was/is a PA in OB.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Its a long story but I'm glad I never have to go back to that hospital ever again. When I told them that I had a VP shunt and was advised by my neurogolist back home not to have natural child birth cause it could cause more pressure on my shunt and could possibly kill me they didn't listen. "Well its not in your chart". Its not in my chart because I never got a chance to go see an OB/GYN before my daughter was born. I found out in September I was pregnant, went into preterm labor in October, and had her in November. I just had an overall bad experience there. The only good thing was the NICU staff kept me informed on how maddie was doing the whole 7 weeks she was there.
  6. wishin
    wishin
    i had a wonderful experience there. im high risk so this pregnancy i go there quite often for the ob. The thing i dont like which i learned was the same with last pregnancy is you do not see the same person every time. "I do at sewlles point tho'' I delivered DD there and they were wonderful and sweet. I had aLOT of problems last preg tho so post partom and everything i was treated by whoever was the head in that shift so that might be why my experiences were diff then others.
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
  7. I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I only went for a high risk ultra sound and it was fantastic.

langley on the other hand.. oh god, stay away from langley
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    didn't go there for pregnancy (obvy, i'm childless) but i did go for appendicitis and they treated me like a queen. it was an amazing experience. they were extra attentive and sweet.
  9. It's the most wonderful time of the year!
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!
    I had my son there. I was high risk due to incompetant cervix. I had the same doctor the whole time. I went there for my appointments and everything. When I had my c-section I had a wonderful anesthesiologist who made me laugh. He got in trouble for that .... hehehe. I loved all of my doctors and nurse that I had. My doctor ended up having her baby about a week before I did...but the docs I had for the c-section were wonderful. I loved my ob also...she was great. Dr. McKinney was the best. I also delivered both of my angel babies there and will say that the NICU and nurses that I had were the best. My NICU doctor even cried when my second son did not make it. The nurses took great care of my babies and checked up on me often. I had a wonderful experience there.
    Smile as if you don't have a care in the world,
    Love with your whole heart,
    And laugh as if it is going out of style.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I had my my daughter there in 05'. Everytime I went there I saw a diffrent Dr and they were always running super late. I got lots of u/s so that was a plus (and I wasn't high risk) when it came time for delivery they made me sit in the lobby with my water leaking everywhere b/c they had no rooms free. Then once they did they made me go in a tiny room to get swabbed to make sure my water was really broken (it was obvious) there was a lady in the lobby in full contractions and they look me before her once in the delivery suite (which was nice) I had a very rude and mean nurse (she came around right as I delivered b/c my mother let into her) the one thing I hated most was the mother baby recovery rooms. I had to share a room (everyone does unless the other side is empty) with another mother and baby. The do have a VERY good security system to make sure no baby could get out of there. I would give the place a 4 out of 10 stars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast