Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: DC Ladies?

  1. Senior Member
    Jill's Avatar
    Jill is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    6,092
    #1

    DC Ladies?

    Advertisements
    So DH is putting in a application with a company out of Ashburn, Va. Does anyone have any info on the location? It seems that buying a house is out of the question............unless you know something I dont know!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    His*PITA*'s Avatar
    His*PITA* is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow
    Posts
    69,415

    #2
    welcome!!!

    If you want more info about housing around here, i can give you my dads info, he has been doing realestate here for over 20 years... you would be surprised how many houses are going to foreclose and how it is alot more realistic to buy then most think, and ashburn is prob a good 45 min to an hour away from DC
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Jennygirl's Avatar
    Jennygirl is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    27,306
    #3
    DC is very expensive but the further from the city the better it is.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  4. Senior Member
    Jill's Avatar
    Jill is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    6,092
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    welcome!!!

    If you want more info about housing around here, i can give you my dads info, he has been doing realestate here for over 20 years... you would be surprised how many houses are going to foreclose and how it is alot more realistic to buy then most think, and ashburn is prob a good 45 min to an hour away from DC

    I will keep you in mind. He is sending his resume off tomorrow so I dont want to get too ahead of myself. EVEN THOUGH I REALLY WANT TO!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    His*PITA*'s Avatar
    His*PITA* is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow
    Posts
    69,415

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    I will keep you in mind. He is sending his resume off tomorrow so I dont want to get too ahead of myself. EVEN THOUGH I REALLY WANT TO!
    Haha well just let me know! Our family has lived all over NoVa for the past 20 something years, he knows a thing or two about the area haha! I will be super excited if you all get to come here, we have alot of fun!
  6. Senior Member
    ~Laura~'s Avatar
    ~Laura~ is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,303
    #6
    Ashburn is nice - close to major routes into DC or west to the mountains. Suburban, a lot of recent (since late 90s) development. Close to Fairfax County and other SOS ladies, good shopping at the Leesburg outlets, Dulles town center, Tysons isnt too far down route 7. Dont know much about schools, but I can also pull some from work if you are interested.

  7. Senior Member
    Jill's Avatar
    Jill is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    6,092
    #7
    I said Ashburn because we have friends who work for the same company and that is where they live; however, the company in sterling. I dont know if that makes a difference or not.
  8. Senior Member
    ~Laura~'s Avatar
    ~Laura~ is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,303
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    I said Ashburn because we have friends who work for the same company and that is where they live; however, the company in sterling. I dont know if that makes a difference or not.
    Umm, about 5 minutes? 15 in traffic.

  9. Senior Member
    Lckychrmzz's Avatar
    Lckychrmzz is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,152
    #9
    My cousin lives in Ashburn. He LOVES it there. The houses are expensive but the area is probably worth it. Its growing rapidly and has a bunch of nice new stores and restaurants. I know his wife is part of a great mommy group and they do a lot of activities for kids around there. Its close to great malls and Dulles.
  10. Regular Member
    Lauren1's Avatar
    Lauren1 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia
    Posts
    83
    #10
    Ashburn is pretty, (boyfriend grew up there) but pretty expensive depending on where you look
    Lauren
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •