Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Camp Lejeune Ladies, or Anyone in the Area!

1. military women ... the sisters god forgot to give us
    military women ... the sisters god forgot to give us

Camp Lejeune Ladies, or Anyone in the Area!

Advertisements
    I am thinking about making a move to Jacksonville, NC. I currently live in Maywood, NJ (north NJ) DB is at Lejeune and I have a few girlfriends there as well. I have general prerequisite courses completed for an RN program and would like to start in the fall. If not RN, I am also willing to take an LPN program and then work as an LPN while I do a bridge program to get an RN. What I'm looking for is a community college or a specific nursing school in NC, close to Camp Lejeune. Preferably not a four year school because I'd rather not spend that type of money when it is the same nursing program at a smaller school. I don't know anything about the area and this move would be huge as I have very few people out there, and my dad will be against it so he is not going to willingly help. Part of the reason for the move is he and I at each others' throats non-stop. So I am just looking for any and all information you girls know of, I really appreciate it!
    “Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.”

-Kahlil Gibran
  2. Senior Member
    The local community college is Coastal Carolina Community College. They may have a nursing program but I'm not sure.

For the most part, I'm usually in NC but I'm in California for DH's deployment. I'll be back though

ETA: In the meantime, there are quite a few ladies that are in Jacksonville, with SOs at Camp Lejeune, New River, Camp Geiger, etc.

3. military women ... the sisters god forgot to give us
    Yes. I'm scared half out of my mind. I have comfort... my own room, I know the area I live in, I have family, etc... but I am just not happy. My dad is driving me up a wall. I miss my boy more than I would miss my family, (I've been away from them before) which to me is a sign. I know that what I need to do is get out and be on my own... but I don't know where to start, and as I said I'm scared half to death. But it is time... and I know it is. I guess I just don't know where to start.
    “Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.”

-Kahlil Gibran
  4. Senior Member
    It's okay. Just be sure you want to go through with the whole move because it's a PITA to move If you're looking for a place to rent, there's always people moving in, people moving out.. so I don't think there will be much of a problem there.

The area.. well, I mean there's stuff to do, but it's nothing really special. There's a "mall" and a crap load of restaurants, a beach, some bars, stores.. oh yea.. and the huge base

There are lots of places to drive out to that aren't too far. Good thing is.. Car insurance is cheap compared to where I live now in California. However, traffic can be horrible at times.

5. military women ... the sisters god forgot to give us
    Quote Originally Posted by ily.mmw View Post
    It's okay. Just be sure you want to go through with the whole move because it's a PITA to move If you're looking for a place to rent, there's always people moving in, people moving out.. so I don't think there will be much of a problem there.

The area.. well, I mean there's stuff to do, but it's nothing really special. There's a "mall" and a crap load of restaurants, a beach, some bars, stores.. oh yea.. and the huge base

There are lots of places to drive out to that aren't too far. Good thing is.. Car insurance is cheap compared to where I live now in California. However, traffic can be horrible at times.

Bahah well I think I'll be pretty used to it by the time the traffic issue comes up because I live 10-15 mins from manhatten. LOL They can brrrringgg it!

-Kahlil Gibran