Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT ladies?

1. LovemyLELT

CT ladies?

Advertisements
    Well, I have been at a loss lately. All the support groups I belong to and no one ever posts up anything about CT. Thought Groton was the "Sub Capitol of the world" people! No for real, I am new, and am looking to find some wonderful ladies to maybe set up playdates with for the kids, moving is the hardest on them. Anyway, let me know I am not the only person online in Groton! lol
    Plus, I need to find out where the free beaches and cool things to do are at!
    Jenn
  2. sbear269
    I am not in groton but about 40 mins away. you can always call the 211 line as they may have some info you are looking for. I am not sure how far mystic is from Groton but thats always nice for a day trip. How old are your kids?
  3. LovemyLELT
    Yeah, no I am juast shocked there aren't more people in this area to chat up, that's all. We have already done the touristy things, like Mystic ....just everything here costs money, and it is not cheap. Even going to the beach, we have to pay...that is just so weird to me....
    Oh, my girls are 4 and 6. We live right in groton, so we are pretty close to a lot of things, I am just used to picking the brains of other people who have been in the area longer...
  4. Psych Student by Day..
    Psych Student by Day..
    I'm not from CT but I wanted to say that I hope you like it there!

Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LovemyLELT
    Well, I have been at a loss lately. All the support groups I belong to and no one ever posts up anything about CT. Thought Groton was the "Sub Capitol of the world" people! No for real, I am new, and am looking to find some wonderful ladies to maybe set up playdates with for the kids, moving is the hardest on them. Anyway, let me know I am not the only person online in Groton! lol
    Plus, I need to find out where the free beaches and cool things to do are at!
    Jenn

Search yahoogroups for Groton Playgroup. They meet regularly and have for years.
  6. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    When we were there from 2000-2002, we didn't have kids, so I don't know of any playgroups... We drove to Mystic a lot, and had a pass to the aquarium.. We also really like Rhode Island.. it was so nice.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

7. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorsbaby
    Search yahoogroups for Groton Playgroup. They meet regularly and have for years.

Try www.matchingmoms.com and enter your zipcode.. they list other moms, their distance from you and their kids ages.. There's also a playgroup listing page on there too.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

8. shafersgirl
    Jenn.... I will gladly give you info when you make with the ice cream,,, Seriouly girl.....
  9. LovemyLELT
    Ahh, well, As soon as we close on the house, I am sending it! So, any day now, expect a package...
  10. shafersgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by LovemyLELT
    Ahh, well, As soon as we close on the house, I am sending it! So, any day now, expect a package...
    Now?? How bout now?? I am impatiently waiting by the mailbox. As soon as I receive said payment, I will release the carrier pigeon with info on meeting locations and secret handshakes to get admitted to these "group" functions....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast