Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: groton to portsmouth travel

1. Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt

groton to portsmouth travel

Advertisements
    hubby is currently geobacheloring up in portsmouth. he's made the drive back and forth, but i'm wondering if there's an easier way to go. mapquest and our gps had him take 395N to 495 and something else to 95 (or something convoluted like that lol).

my dad said he can just take 95N and get on 495 past providence then back on 95. this way he'd miss worcester traffic and stuff. does anyone know if this is right? right now, the drive is taking him 3+ hours because of traffic and stuff.
  2. Senior Member
    I don't see why he couldn't just take 95.......have him get on 95 & the gps should recalculate the route.....Also, check the settings on the gps, I think you can set what kind of thing to avoid & such.....

FYI: I always take 95 up to Providence.......
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taraw226 View Post
    hubby is currently geobacheloring up in portsmouth. he's made the drive back and forth, but i'm wondering if there's an easier way to go. mapquest and our gps had him take 395N to 495 and something else to 95 (or something convoluted like that lol).

my dad said he can just take 95N and get on 495 past providence then back on 95. this way he'd miss worcester traffic and stuff. does anyone know if this is right? right now, the drive is taking him 3+ hours because of traffic and stuff.
    Ask Christie. She probably knows.
    Tara
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by taraw226 View Post

DB just got stationed in portsmouth and what your dad says is the easiest way! worcester traffic sucks especially in the winter and weekends....i am from mass and usually i just take the pike and then 495 to 95...
  5. Senior Member
    It depends on the time of day. If it isn't rush hour then 95 to 128/95 and back to 95 is the easiest way. If not then its 95 to 295 to go around providence and then back on 95 to 495 back to 95.