Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie in virginia beach

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

newbie in virginia beach

Advertisements
    hey everyone. i'm very new to the board, and pretty new to the virginia beach/norfolk area. i need friends! (how lame does that sound??) anyway, anyone got some ideas of things to do around here, besides the beach and visiting the USS wisconsin (been there, done that) please fill me in. or better yet, wanna meet up some time, that'd be cool too.
  2. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Welcome
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife
    hey everyone. i'm very new to the board, and pretty new to the virginia beach/norfolk area. i need friends! (how lame does that sound??) anyway, anyone got some ideas of things to do around here, besides the beach and visiting the USS wisconsin (been there, done that) please fill me in. or better yet, wanna meet up some time, that'd be cool too.

Hi I am in Va beach too! Welcome to the area. Do you have children, there are a few things around for them. I would be more active and out but too hot right now for a pregnant lady!hehehehe But welcome, hope to meet you sometime!
  4. Kiss Me Through The Phone!
    Kiss Me Through The Phone!
    Awww, I used to live in VA...I miss it there!! But I hope you find some folks to hang out with while you're up there!

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Not in VA but wanted to say
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    no, i don't have kids, and i feel so left out since i don't. i think that's why it's hard for me to make married friends, especially military wives, cause everyone has kids and i don't, and the boy doesn't want them anytime soon
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    oops, clicked the wrong thing and now i have a second post. oppie
  8. cookie
    Hi, I'm in Virginia beach. Welcome! If you have any questions let me know, I'll see if I can help. I have one daughter, she's 10. There is a website, hamptonroads.com. they have a lot of their events and stuff listed on there. It has lots of information on it. On days it's not raining and we're not busy, we spend at the pool on the base.
  9. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I am from the area. I grew up in Chesapeake and lived in Va Beach after I got married. we are in Great Lakes now but moving back in about a month. i don't mind friends who don't have kids. Welcome.
  10. Senior Member
    Hi, my name is Kristy. And we are new to the area as well, we have been here for just a couple of months, we don't have any kids either. And we actually live about 40 minutes from Norfolk, and about 1 hour and 20 minutes from Va Beach. We have been to Va Beach several times... but now that Brent is gone, I don't go alone. We don't have kids either, but Brent and I have been thinking about having them, we just have a few bills to take care of to get out of the way first, so if I can work, then we should be okay. But I understand about what you mean, when you don't have kids, it is hard to fit in, you don't have the same things to talk about, or as much in common. We have a dog, hahah..

I just wanted to welcome you and it was nice to meet you
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast