Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ft Pickett anyone???

1. Senior Member

Shocked Ft Pickett anyone???

Advertisements
    I'm in need of any info you can give, any links you have to offer, Im desperate. Our orders may be changing and Im trying to look at homes, research schools, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. How's the weather?
  2. Senior Member
    I'm gonna volunteer Kara(mrskmw) to give you info lol She grew up in the area and her dad works(or worked) there. I spent a year living out there with her and can try to help as well.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    I'm gonna volunteer Kara(mrskmw) to give you info lol She grew up in the area and her dad works(or worked) there. I spent a year living out there with her and can try to help as well.
    Cool Thanks. I will pm her after dinner.

Anyone else. I know it is a rural areas and no longer a base but a training facility. I know Blackstone is a small town nearby. What other areas are good to live in?
  4. Senior Member
    bump
  5. Senior Member
    my dh went there for training he said its out in the middle of nowhere, cell phone reception is terriable (he has helio) and it sucks badly
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tna111905 View Post
    my dh went there for training he said its out in the middle of nowhere, cell phone reception is terriable (he has helio) and it sucks badly
    The only two companies I know to work out there are verizon and alltel.. I'd go with verizon.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WIKSWIFE View Post
    Cool Thanks. I will pm her after dinner.

Anyone else. I know it is a rural areas and no longer a base but a training facility. I know Blackstone is a small town nearby. What other areas are good to live in?
    Try Kenbridge as well. Its a small town, I believe theres only like 2500 people but its very nice and the people are super friendly. South Hill is the bigger town in the area. Thats where we'd go for Taco Bell or a super great womens gym. There is a very yummy Mexican restaurant in South Hill as well. Look under Lunenburg county and Mecklenburg county. Please let me know if you have any questions.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tna111905 View Post
    Yeah, the few people I ve chatted with about training there said it sucked. The pictures show buildings that looked like they havent been touched since the 1940's hahaha. There is a small BX on base and a movies theatre but thats really it.
  9. Senior Member
    bump
  10. You are here.
    You are here.
    we drove through the tank area today to a powwow. yeah, on 40 between blackstone and I 95, there's one little town with a gas station, and that's it. I've driven through South Hill before, its a nice size.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast