For those in the DC Naval District that may be interested....here is the info
ANyone know if they are going??

1. THE NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION'S NAVY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION WILL BE HELDON SATURDAY, 25 OCTOBER 2008. THIS YEAR'S GALA EVENT WILL BE HOSTED BYTHE NATIONAL CAPITAL COUNCIL OF THE NAVY LEAGUE. JOIN US AS WECELEBRATE OUR NAVY'S HISTORY AND ENJOY THE CAMARADERIE OF SHIPMATES ANDFRIENDS. THIS YEAR'S KEYNOTE SPEAKERS WILL BE THE SECRETARY OF THENAVY, THE HONORABLE DONALD WINTER, AND CHIEF OF NAVAL OPERATIONS,ADMIRAL GARY ROUGHEAD, USN.

2. THIS YEAR'S DINNER AND BALL WILL BE HELD AT THE HILTON ALEXANDRIAMARK CENTER, 5000 SEMINARY ROAD, ALEXANDRIA VIRGINIA. A SOCIAL HOURWILL COMMENCE AT 1800 FOLLOWED BY DINNER AND A RECEPTION. THE UNIFORMWILL BE DINNER DRESS BLUE JACKET FOR OFFICERS AND CHIEF PETTY OFFICERS,SERVICE DRESS BLUE FOR E-6 AND BELOW AND CIVILIAN INFORMAL FORCIVILIANS.

3. TICKETS MAY BE PURCHASED ONLINE AT WWW.NAVYBIRTHDAY.ORG. TICKETORDERS WILL ALSO BE ACCEPTED VIA E-MAIL AT NAVYBIRTHDAY@AOL.COM OR BYPHONE AT (703)960-6801. TICKET PRICES ARE AS FOLLOWS: FLAG OFFICER/SES- $80, O5-O6/GS13-GS15 - $70, O3-O4/GS11-GS12 - $55,O1-O2/CWO/E7-E9/GS7-GS10 - $50, E6 & BELOW/GS6 & BELOW - $30, NON DOD -$85, AND RETIRED DOD - $80. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT TICKET ORDERS BEPLACED NO LATER THAN 13 OCTOBER 2008.

4. THE HILTON ALEXANDRIA MARK CENTER, ALEXANDRIA, VA WILL BE OFFERINGBIRTHDAY CELEBRATION ATTENDEES A DISCOUNTED ROOM RATE. CALL (703)845-1010 or 1-800-445-8667 TO MAKE A RESERVATION NO LATER THAN 4 OCTOBER2008.
I also have the Navy League numbers and email if anyone needs it....they are personal #'s and emails so I don't want to post them, but I can forward the email to you.