Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Stuff to do around DC ish area

1. Regular Member

Stuff to do around DC ish area

Advertisements
    Hi everyone!

I have my in laws coming and was wondering if there's any cool/not very expensive things to do around DC, annapolis, Bethesda, etc any of those areas. I've had one person suggest the inner harbor. I haven't been sightseeing or anything since we've moved up here (it's really sad). Unfortunately I only have 1 day off while they are here, so I'd like to go to a really cool place. Then, my husband can take them to all the "okay" places like the zoo.

Angela
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Home: Atlanta Currently: Mobile, AL (Blah)
    Pretty much all the "touristy" things in DC are free!! My favorite by far was going to Arlington and the Holocaust museum right off the lawn. Bethesda is very expensive part of town! Georgetown is a neat community as well!!
    ~Paige~

3. Senior Member
    all of the museums downtown (Smithsonian, etc, etc) are WONDERFUL. spy musuem, holocaust, capitol, white house - most are free, some fairly inexpensive. the spy museum was $30/35 a ticket

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  4. Senior Member
    If you want typical DC things definately head down to the mall to see the monuments and the musuems. Holocoust is a good one to go into but you have to get tickets and sometimes they can go quick. You can always go online and get the tickets and pay a few bucks just to make sure you have them. Head up to Arlington Cemetary and see the changing of the guard and Kenedys grave. If you want to drive easiest thing is to park on Ft Myer and walk down through the cemetary. Don't forget Iwo Jima it is a nice place to sit and relax looking out over the city. You have Mt Vernon in VA. There is the bigger Air & Space Musuem out near Dulles. I want to say it is free to get in but like $12 for parking. Inner Harbor in Baltimore is always a big one. You can tour some ships, walk around and do some shopping and take in the sites. You can also head down to Fredricksburg and take little tours and walk around the Old Town down town section shops and restaurants are there. If you want to travel a little further you also can head over to Annapolis where you have the Naval Academy and can tour around. If they will be in town soon you can head down to see the cherry blossoms. March 27-April 13th is the festival.