Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: any army wives or girlfriends in new jersey?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

any army wives or girlfriends in new jersey?

Advertisements
    Hi, I'm Allison. I joined this sight back when my boyfriend went away for basic and AIT. I didn't really have much luck then finding some friends, but I'm hoping this time there's someone out there I can connect to. My boyfriend is home now and hopefully for a while since he is in the reserves. I just can't help but think about when and if he gets deployed, if he'll come home to me... Everyone must go through this. The slightest thing makes me cry. Not in front of him because I'm trying so hard to stay strong. But whenever that Carrie Underwood song, "Just a Dream," or the commercial for Army Wives comes on, forget it. This is the man I want to marry, and he wants to marry me. Our story is truly one of love at first sight, true and honest love. How do you deal with knowing you could lose them at any time?

Hoping to hear from you.
    Allison
  2. missing_my_mp
    that sounds like me and my fiance. im right outside of Ft. Dix.
    my love is leaving for Iraq this June. im already going crazy. i cant stand the thought of him not being here with me for a year! i cry at nights but i wont let him see.
  3. Proud Army Wife
    Proud Army Wife
    i'm from jersey and am glad you wrote...yesterday i started a post asking who was in this area as well. My DH just left to BCT 3 weeks ago and this is all new to me. I am being very strong, but I feel like you do...anything makes me cry. I am very proud of him and very supportive but there is always that feeling that at any moment he could be taken away. I definately understand where you are coming from. I am a newbie here and that's why I love this site because I really feel like this is a place where we can all understand eachother. Nice to meet you!
  4. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    Hey ladies I'm moving back to NJ in 2 weeks but I'm not going to south jersey I'm going to northern NJ. I'm willing to meet up with you ladies
    I Love my boys
  5. Lisa81
    Hi I'm South Jersey too!! I'm about 20 minutes from McGuire/Fort Dix. I'm 31 days into my first deployment, his second. I've been looking for girls going through the same in this area.
  6. ~*~Jen~*~
    ~*~Jen~*~
    Blog Entries
    Hi Everyone. Im from Jersey (born and raised) I live in North Jersey now, but DD and I will be moving back to VA next month.
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Hey there!!! I am an AF wife..hubby works on Ft. Dix...we just got here in march...will be here for 4 yrs atleast...

Lisa
  8. Senior Member
    Hey! I am living on McGuire afb! My husband has been here sine 2004 and I got here July (when we got married). Deployments are rough...it's not easy but if you have good friends and family it makes things a lot easier. I'm here if you need to vent, I went through it twice when we were engaged.
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    hubby will be back on Sat, bit leaves next Sat again..he teaches and leaves for 2 weeks at a time...I start working next week at the CDC. I have 3 kids...been doing the DW thing for 14 yrs now...
  10. the minutes seem like hours and the hours seem like days...
    the minutes seem like hours and the hours seem like days...
    Hey, I'm from South Jersey. DB deploys pretty soon for Iraq, and I cannot even imagine how it's going to be. The longest we've been apart since we met was about 2 weeks, and even that is tough because after the first two days we go into "I miss you so much it's not even funny" mode.
    *sigh*