Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's in CT?

1. Michele

Who's in CT?

Advertisements
    We've been back for a year and a half. I was born/raised in Central CT Dh is stationed on board a sub but will be going to shore duty in a few months.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i really want to be there when db gets orders (he will be dh by then). what's it like up there
  3. Senior Member
    I'm here and I love it. There's tons to do, you're not far from Boston or NYC. If you're not used to cold winters than pack plenty of warm clothes because they get bad. Also, I think the days are soo much shorter here. The sun will start going down at like 4 pm. Other than that, I absolutely love it here.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i used to live in NJ when i was a kid and db's lived all over...norway scotland, etc.etc.
  5. Michele
    We love it here too. I'm from CT and dh is originally from NJ. January and February can be brutually cold but other than that the summers are nice (not too hot) and spring and Fall are awesome. It's a nice place to live, small town feel not a lot of traffic. There's lots of places to go hiking, camping, etc if you're into that type of thing. There is a lot to do and see if you're willing to drive a little
  6. HMCS Wife
    HMCS Wife
    We aren't there but we lived there 2 different times and I can't wait to get back there some day.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    ok well regarding colleges more specifically law schools i've done some research and it looks like the closest one is about an hour to an hour and a half away. i mean i'm sure i could go part time (evening) but i don't know i'd have to look at it more in depth once i figure out where i'm gonna be...any of ya'll going to be in school or have been in school while ya'll were up there? i'm living in texas and have been for the last 12 1/2 years so i understand hot summers. the only thing i really want is 4 seasons, good law school and somewhere where we are together lol
  8. Michele
    Yale is about 45 minutes away.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    thanks i was thinking Uconn but that's like an hour and a bit away...yale is gonna break my bank but i guess i would come out even if i went to Uconn and had to commute each day...hmmm thanks that's something to think about
  10. Michele
    There are UCONN satelite campuses closeby and Willamantic is not that far away. I have a friend that lives up there and it's about 35 minute commute for her dh.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast