Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fort Meade area providers

1. Regular Member

Fort Meade area providers

Advertisements
    Hello everyone. I live at Fort Meade and would like recommendations for doctors for vision, dental, and orthodontists. It's hard moving to a new place and you can't see the same doctors that have known you for a long time. I am willing to travel to Annapolis, Bethesda, or other close areas for really good doctors.

The eye doctor I had previous to getting married was Eyemasters and they always had a special of buy one get one free, but they don't accept Tricare. I loved getting 2 pairs of glasses for free on my other insurance plan. If anyone knows of a good doctor that has specials like these, that would be great.

Thanks!
    Angela
  2. ahf
    I survived deployment #5!!
    I survived deployment #5!!
    I think they have an optical shop at Ft Meade, next to the PX. Not sure how good it is though, I use the Sears optical at the Mall in Columbia, and they're good. They usually have specials going on all year round. But I don't know if the take Tricare.
    Good luck!
    Jag längtar hem.....
  3. Regular Member

Thanks

Okay thanks for the tip
  4. Senior Member
    My dentist is East on 175 next to McDonald's. He does a great job and you can see everything he is doing on a TV screen. Pretty cool!
  5. Regular Member

Great Website

I found a good website that I didn't know about. I was going to call Tricare to even find places that accept it, but found a good website that lists providers for whatever you need:

http://www.mytricare.com/internet/tric/tri/tricare.nsf

Also, for any newcombers (as I am one myself), I also found out that Tricare Prime only covers the cost of an eyeglasses exam and gives you 25% off your glasses.

I don't know if different regions have different coverages, but when I was in Florida, I didn't have to pay for my glasses, just contacts. So, you can imagine my surprise when I had to take out of pocket a lot of money.

Anyways, I hope this helps so new folks!

Angela