Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newport RI????

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Newport RI????

Advertisements
    we have orders for newport ri..dh wants to live in base housing..can anyone give me all the good and the bad about the place and what are the schools there i have 1 in elementary and 1 in high school..the schools website would be great too..
  2. Senior Member
    I lived in GMH housing at Naval Station Newport. My address was technically in Middletown, RI even though most of the important buildings (Naval War College) on base are actually in Newport, RI. The place is huge and it's run from Newport to Portsmouth with housing in all 3 towns. I liked it very much. No big complaints from me but I'm a civilian so I'm not sure how it is if you are military and living there. I lived in an apartment setting but they have tons of really nice family houses to. The schools are great. You'll have a ton of choices so it really depends on what town you end up living in. I'm not sure if they have told you the kids have to go to a Newport school or in a different town but once you find out I can recommend the good ones to you. I grew up here so I can probably answer about 99% of your questions. Feel free to PM any questions. I'm happy to help.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Newport is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!! I was there in July!! I would LOVE for DH to be stationed there..............................but not during winter.
  4. Senior Member
    I live right outside naval housing in middletown...I'll answer an questions I can
  5. Senior Member
    http://www.newportrischools.org/ that is the link to the public schools website. I have lived in RI all my life, so if you have any questions I will try to answer them. I don't know much about the school system there though. http://www.greatschools.net/city/Newport/RI that is a link to reviews of some of the schools. Hope this helps a little, and feel free to PM me if you would like to ask me more questions.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    update**** well yesterday i got the new address its over in farragut field in newport ri.. anyone know this area anyone there now??we are moving there next month..i soo cant wait.. according to the graeterschools website kindergarten cut off is anywhere from june 1 to dec.1 after sept. 1st its a choice if you want to send them..my son will be 5 in nov. and he could past k now..lol after we get there hubby will only be there a few days then has to leave..hope to meet new friends theres...
  7. Senior Member
    I have no idea about the housing but I am not far from Newport, just down in CT, and I LOVE having excuses to go up to Newport. How old are your kids?
    Needs work.
  8. Senior Member
    I don't know about the schools or anything.. but I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Newport. It's gorgeous. And from a touristy point of view.. there are great beaches, shopping, the cliff walk, the mansions. You're going to love it! That's mine and DB's get-away spot.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    i RI!! its so beautiful and everyone there is really nice!! i think u will enjoy it!
  10. Senior Member
    Like I said....I live right outside the base...so when you get here, I'll show you around...it's beautiful here...you'll love it!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast