Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Norfolk/VA Beach ladies!!!!

1. Senior Member

Dance Norfolk/VA Beach ladies!!!!

Advertisements
    Hey! It looks like our first permanent duty station is going to be in the Hampton Roads area (of course, this is the military, and until we're actually there it's subject to change)! I'd love any tips on good areas/neighborhoods to live that aren't too far of a commute from Little Creek. Also, what's the military housing like? Is there a long wait? I won't be moving out until early summer when my teaching contract is up, but I'd like to start getting ideas. I REALLY look forward to meeting some of you when we get out there!
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    There is housing right near the Little Creek base. I live in the Greenbrier area of Chesapeake, and the drive to LC is about 15-20 mins.
  3. Senior Member
    Waterford Apartments are nice and across from Little creek. IDK about housing though since we are at NOB and I only go to NAB for the commissarry now and then and the USO building lol.
  4. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Housing has a long wait so if you want it you might want to get on the wait list now. This is the web site for housing that might help you with knowing what your options are. http://www.nsa-norva.navy.mil/housing/
    I hope this helps. I live in housing in Norfolk and LOVE it.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  5. Senior Member
    Thanks ladies! I can't wait to see the area for myself.
  6. sherrylynne35

Hello Little Creek Area

Hey! I'm in Va Beach near the Chesapeake city line. Little creek is on the edge of Norfolk. So you could live in the Va Beach area or Norfolk. Rent can get pricey if you're looking for something a little nicer to stay in. There are older apts (20+ years) down East Little Creek Road. I'm thinking of Pinewood Gardens Apts and others like them. There is a little area called Tarrallton off of Little creek road that has older homes that you can rent for about $750 and up. They also have a park, an elementary school and a rec center in that area and it's still relatively a good area.

If you're looking for a NICE area, you're probably going to want to stick to Va Beach. Probably the best advice I can give is to make sure you drive through whatever apts. you're thinking of renting many times during day and night and try the drive before you sign a lease. If you're worried about pets, don't be. Most apt's in the area will accept pets.

Hope this helps some! Good luck! We're going to Japan in October 08!

:>) Sherry
  7. jbenoit3122
    is there base housing in norfolk, va,, or just PPV housing?? when you say the waiting list is long-- how long are we talking?? im new to all of this-- my husband leaves for bootcamp in july and hes going to be a mineman so he'll be stationed in either norfolk or ingleside, tx..