Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GROTON missing child around housing

1. Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt

GROTON missing child around housing

Advertisements
    Hey, a friend of mine just told me there's a helicopter searching housing around burningtree/poplar. they're looking for a 2 year old little boy (blonde, i believe). i haven't seen anything online, but if anyone is in that area, please keep your eyes out!

ETA: here's the update: http://www.wfsb.com/news/15142773/detail.html police are saying there was never a child missing.
    Last edited by Tara; 01-26-2008 at 09:16 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm not in the area. But they find him
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us updated, please!
  4. snookiesbabe
    i hope they find him soon!
  5. Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us updated, please!

the rumor now is that they've called off the search and it *may* have been a hoax. we're not in housing, we live in the next town, so i'll update as soon as i hear anything else from friends in housing/the news.
  6. Regular Member
    I heard from some wives in housing and they said they heard that the little boy was home this whole time and that this isn't the first time something like this has happened with this family... interesting, cops were apparently then asking neighbors questions about the family... we'll see what comes of this... I'm just glad the boy is safe... or as safe as can be, who knows what's going on in that house!

*~Cathy~*
  7. Senior Member
    Kingsland, GA/Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base, Kings Bay, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by taraw226 View Post
    Hey, a friend of mine just told me there's a helicopter searching housing around burningtree/poplar. they're looking for a 2 year old little boy (blonde, i believe). i haven't seen anything online, but if anyone is in that area, please keep your eyes out!
    Thanks for posting this! I live right behind housing (off of Tollgate Rd) and the helicopter has done fly-bys all evening w/a search light & everything. I told Joshua we should lock the doors b.c. who knows if a crazy person is on the loose! But now I know. I hope they find him. Believe it or not that light shone right near our living room window twice! It was a bit freaky to say the least.
    Erin and Joshua December 29, 2001
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cangel14 View Post
    I heard from some wives in housing and they said they heard that the little boy was home this whole time and that this isn't the first time something like this has happened with this family... interesting, cops were apparently then asking neighbors questions about the family... we'll see what comes of this... I'm just glad the boy is safe... or as safe as can be, who knows what's going on in that house!
    Wow!! Sounds like CPS may be called in..

Glad the lil boy is SAFE!!!
  9. Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by Cangel14 View Post
    i think you and i are on some of the same online groups lol. i grew up in norwich too, but i'm a lot older than you and jen

this is the current story: someone saw a little boy come out of a garage from an empty unit and go around back toward the woods. since there were no parents around the police were called. they think the little boy was home all along after that, but the parents arent' admitting it was their child. or something like that.
  10. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...
    I am happy the little boy is safe:phew
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast