Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: housing ideas?!?

1. NavyFiance08

housing ideas?!?

Advertisements
    Anyone in the Norfolk area have housing/apartment suggestions?!?! My df is stationed there but on deployment. I'm in FL and planning on moving up there just before he gets back. One of the girls in his division gave us an apartment guide and is being really helpful in telling us yea or nah about the places we find, but I'm still having a real hard time finding a place that I would be comfortable in by myself while he is underway. I'd like to have a pretty decent list of places to look at when I make a couple weekend trips up there soon so any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks so much!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Norfolk~Hampton Roads is sketchy is some places. you can take others advise but I think you just need to go and look around to see for yourself. the apartment guide is a great way to get started but don't forget to pick up a local newspaper and look in there also as might be able to find something a little cheaper. also go to some of the reality places and see if they have rentals available.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    this is where we lived

Tradewind Apts --- click on the apt name

I would live there again in a heartbeat!
  4. Jyll216
    Ive been searching for places in VA to live too.. i found this site.. its cheap and im scared but.. its a start...

http://www.forrent.com/
  5. Jyll216
    Donna thank you!!! you helped me too.. thats an awesome place.. im definately telling john about this one!!!
  6. Bubblesgirl
    Do you think renting instead of getting base housing is better? We are on different ends on this. I thinks DH wants to rent but I would feel better I think to get base housing. It will be the first of June before me and kids get there so will that be enough time to get base housing? He will be in Norfolk sometime in Jan. 2006
  7. Senior Member
    If you can get base housing I would suggest it just because you will feel more secure and have people living around you in similar situations. Granted you will have some neighbors you may not like to associate with but you will have them everywhere. We lived in Norwich Manor there and it was nice, but it is closer to Norfolk Naval Station. Which base will he be stationed at Bubblesgirl?
  8. Bubblesgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by gotcurls
    If you can get base housing I would suggest it just because you will feel more secure and have people living around you in similar situations. Granted you will have some neighbors you may not like to associate with but you will have them everywhere. We lived in Norwich Manor there and it was nice, but it is closer to Norfolk Naval Station. Which base will he be stationed at Bubblesgirl?

I am not really sure yet. I know he will be on the USS Bataan. His recruiter thinks it might at the Little Creek site. But I don't know. I am so frustrated at what to do.
  9. Bubblesgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblesgirl
    I am not really sure yet. I know he will be on the USS Bataan. His recruiter thinks it might at the Little Creek site. But I don't know. I am so frustrated at what to do.
    Also we have 2 kids and I think in a way base housing would be best for them. But how easy is it to manage money because they take away your BAH don't they if you are on base housing?
  10. NavyFiance08
    Thanks for the housing ideas, I will defnietly be talking to df about tradewinds looks really nice....Jyll when are you moving to VA?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast