Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Annaplois Ladies I need you

1. Banned
    Banned

Exclamation Annaplois Ladies I need you

Advertisements
    We just got orders there and I was wondering how it was? What does housing look like? I've seen them online but I'm sure those pics don't do it justice. If you are up there and can take some pics for me that would be awsome. We are going to try to get the 3 br 2 bath with a yard. I'm curious how big the yard is b/c you can't really see in the pics. If you have any other info about the area that would be greatly appreciated too. We will be leaving here in jan to make our way up there.
  2. Banned
    Banned
  3. Member
    Hi it has been almost 5 years but that was DH's first duty station after boot and I grew up in Maryland. I don't know how much has changed since that time, but it is generally a very small base that services the academy. I'm comparing this to Norfolk where we are now which of course is huge. They keep it nice since it is across from the academy, which of course has even nicer grounds. Sorry, I don't know about housing there as when DH and I became engaged we moved to an apartment in town.

Unless it has changed they have a NEX and commissary but are small. NFCU is on base, Navy Lodge too, and I think golfing grounds and running trails. Annapolis itself is a nice town, there is the waterfront area that has restaurants, bars, docks, shops. The town has a nice mall, all the big and small stores, and no shortage of restaurants. I don't know how old you are but there is no shortage of nightlight either. There is a base gym and MWR that schedules trips if that is something you are interested in. I'm sure there is more that I haven't even thought of.

The community college is right down the road should you or your DH want to take classes. You are about 45 minutes to DC one way and 45 minutes to Baltimore the other way. There are local beaches in the area but you are also only about 2 hours away from Ocean City, and the mountains the other way.

I hope you enjoy your time there.
  4. Is the Agony of LOVE
    Is the Agony of LOVE
    Blog Entries
    Nap town is amazing.

Even during the nights.. Main street is buzzing. Trust me you will love it there!

I woke up and fell into this dream
    Happily ever after just took time
    Once upon this broken heart of mine

this is the way a fairytale feels
    This is the way I know it's real
    'Cause this is the way a broken heart heals
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O7sKdX3KJo
    ,(`), ,
    `.
    ♥♥N~+~J♥♥
    ☠★☠
  5. I aim to misbehave
    I aim to misbehave
    I'm in Baltimore MD, he's all the way on the other side of the continent.
    Annapolis is lovely. I've lived here all my life and the city is very historic and there is lots to do. Jan here can be very cold, just a warning.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    I'm trying to find someone who is living in housing right now. I'm wanting to see pics of the houses inside and backyard. but I'm having no luck. Thank you I"m excited to move up there.
  7. Proud Submariner's Wife
    Proud Submariner's Wife
    I wanna see pics too, since we're considering Annapolis for shore duty. I love it there, but I don't remember what housing is like, I've heard great things about it though.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    It does get extremely cold in the winter, but the area is GORGEOUS. You'll love it! There is so much to do in the area, within a reasonable driving distance. I don't have much info on housing and such but we're REALLY hoping we can get orders there for Jaxon's next shore. He really wants to go as company chief at usna. So, maybe in a few years we'll be asking you for info