Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving.. Have a question

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Moving.. Have a question

Advertisements
    Josh and I are wanting to move out of navy housing. We are in VA Beach.. My question is: Do any of you live in Newport News? What are the rent prices like? Our neighbors are looking for apartments there and she said that they are cheaper there then they are in VA Beach.. I just wanted some more opinons, cause if this is true, then we're going to look there.. The only thing is I don't know if Josh would drive that far to go to and from work. Guess I'll have to talk to him and see what he says..

Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    I live in Newport News. We rent a 3 bedroom house for $881/month. It is cheaper than alot of places here but everything on this side of the water is much cheaper than the Southside. The only bad thing is the drive to and from Norfolk every day. My dh has to be at work at 7 and we have to leave the house by 6 to get him there in time...plus the drive home is even longer with all the construction going on.

Ask Me About IH!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks exnavychick!! Would you suggest anywhere in particular to look in that area?
  4. mamaoftwins+1
    i dont live there but i remember you writing that you hate the tunnels here and if im remembering right you were talking about the one by the portsmith naval hosp. would josh wanna drive through the tunnel everyday? just something to think about. we are in norfolk buying a house 3 bedrooms with lots of room and extras for 1000 a month.
  5. Senior Member
    Stay away from downtown Newport News...if there is a number in the street you might not want it! I don't know of any place in particular but if you want me to check anywhere out for you let me know.

Ask Me About IH!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaoftwins+1
    i dont live there but i remember you writing that you hate the tunnels here and if im remembering right you were talking about the one by the portsmith naval hosp. would josh wanna drive through the tunnel everyday? just something to think about. we are in norfolk buying a house 3 bedrooms with lots of room and extras for 1000 a month.
    You have to remember that you got very lucky with your house Amanda. There aren't many places that reasonable in this area...plus I can't speak for her but I wouldn't want to deal with a house when DH is deployed. When you rent if something breaks its the landlords responsiblity to fix it.

Ask Me About IH!
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't want a house right now because we don't know if he's getting sent to A school or not.. we want one EVENTUALLY. Not to mention he's only an E3 you guys husband make MORE then he does, we couldn't afford a house, unless its one we found through navy housing and I don't want anything to do with navy housing
  8. Senior Member
    We found our house through the RPP at housing. They gave us a list of houses and apartments that fit our criteria. Plus, its nice to know if our landlord ever gets nasty and decides not to fix something we just call them and they get on him.

Ask Me About IH!
  9. mamaoftwins+1
    Quote Originally Posted by exNavychick
    You have to remember that you got very lucky with your house Amanda. There aren't many places that reasonable in this area...plus I can't speak for her but I wouldn't want to deal with a house when DH is deployed. When you rent if something breaks its the landlords responsiblity to fix it.
    our realitor had lots of houses for us in this price range over 20 of them and some were 4 bedrooms and one was 5 bedrooms. you just gotta look or get a good realitor like LInda Farlow bell
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather stick with an apartment that way if something comes up (like a deployment), there are some apartments (we have a friend in one right now) that they put your rent on hold if you show them deployment papers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast