Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hello Famlies of Langley!! A ?? on where to live?

1. BabyBear806

Hello Famlies of Langley!! A ?? on where to live?

Advertisements
    Hello !!!

Me and my hubs have moved out to langley, hes overseas right now and Im tryin to find a decent apartment. trying to stay at about $700 a month for a 2 bedroom, impossible! lol but trying. Cant afford yorktown.

Are there any good places in hampton?

Right now all I can find are places in Newport news
    Kingstowne
    Victoria Place
    Young's Mill
    Earle of Warwick

any one know anything about them?

Its great to see other people in the area!!
    Last edited by BabyBear806; 09-29-2007 at 10:23 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    If you want to stay in NN I would recommend Featherstone Apartments http://www.apartments.com/partner/su...=0.47&prvpg=96
  3. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Kingstowne II (is what I'm assuming you meant) is in an okay location, I've seen it from the outside & it looked realllllly ghetto. Chesapeake Bay which is right next to it was nicer.

Theres a place called Willow Oaks in Hampton that DH & I liked.
    The place we lived is now almost $1000 a month, so that's more expensive than you're looking for! I had a friend that lived in Turnberry Wells, she liked it. Never had major problems.

Have you considered base housing? Theres also many places with a military rental partnership program (RPP) - which will give you a discount if you pay via allotment and they will waive your application fee & deposit. Just go to base housing & they'll give you a ton of housing listings of those who do RPP

I recommend staying OFF of Warwick and Jefferson south of J Clyde Morris, it gets really bad the further south you go. Don't live near the shipyard!!!!!!!!! If you look for a place near Langley, be very careful, there are a few rough spots. Kiln Creek is more expensive but super nice. Poquoson has 2 okay complexes that are less expensive. It's closer to Langley! If its cheaper.. it's probably in a bad spot. Also, some apartments have caps on how much income you can make.
    Feel free to ask more questions. I just moved last week from being in NN for 3 years. Theres also several other members of SOS in NN

Check out the site www.apartmentratings.com for consumer reviews of apartments.

4. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Kingstowne II (is what I'm assuming you meant) is in an okay location, I've seen it from the outside & it looked realllllly ghetto. Chesapeake Bay which is right next to it was nicer.

Theres a place called Willow Oaks in Hampton that DH & I liked.
    The place we lived is now almost $1000 a month, so that's more expensive than you're looking for! I had a friend that lived in Turnberry Wells, she liked it. Never had major problems.

Have you considered base housing? Theres also many places with a military rental partnership program (RPP) - which will give you a discount if you pay via allotment and they will waive your application fee & deposit. Just go to base housing & they'll give you a ton of housing listings of those who do RPP

I recommend staying OFF of Warwick and Jefferson south of J Clyde Morris, it gets really bad the further south you go. Don't live near the shipyard!!!!!!!!! If you look for a place near Langley, be very careful, there are a few rough spots. Kiln Creek is more expensive but super nice. Poquoson has 2 okay complexes that are less expensive. It's closer to Langley! If its cheaper.. it's probably in a bad spot. Also, some apartments have caps on how much income you can make.
    Feel free to ask more questions. I just moved last week from being in NN for 3 years. Theres also several other members of SOS in NN

Check out the site www.apartmentratings.com for consumer reviews of apartments.