Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Dakota????

1. Regular Member

Hello North Dakota????

Advertisements
    Hello everyone! I am going to be moving to North Dakota by next year after I finish school in December of 2017. I am just wondering how everyone likes it up there? I have only visited. Any advice or guidance about living up there would be very much appreciated!!
  2. Senior Member
    I grew up in North Dakota. Let me know if you have particular questions. Mostly be prepared for all weather at all times.
  3. Regular Member
    I have never driven in the snow, like the type you all get up there lol. I little fresh powder yes... but blizzard status nooo haha! That scares me a bit. Also, do you know any good places to visit or go to that would be great for a little get away. I am visiting my DB soon and I'll be there for 12 days. Maybe I could set something up for the two of us and surprise him.
  4. Senior Member
    I would never willingly live in North Dakota, sorry. lol. Get some nice warm winter clothes and expect long winters. But where ever you live its up to you to make the best of it. Im sure there are plenty of things to see and do there.
  5. Regular Member
    Haha! I've heard that from a few people. I'll get to be with my DB though so I'm okay with wherever we are as long as I get to be with him! I have a feeling I'll be in deep freeze mode since I'm not used to that cold of weather lol. Warm clothes will be a must!
  6. Senior Member
    Where in North Dakota? Layers and I'd recommend a wind proof jacket for spring and fall
  7. Regular Member
    I am moving up to Minot area and visiting soon too!
  8. Senior Member
    Depending upon the season and if you both have passports the international Peace gardens are fairly close in Canada. In the summer and fall there are rodeos and outdoor plays. There are lots of hiking areas. My favorite in ND is Theodore Roosevelt national park. I'm not sure how much of that can still be hiked. Also, Bismark has some neat areas to explore. It depends upon how much time you both have to do things.
  9. Regular Member
    Thank you so much for the recommendations! I really appreciate it! We will definitely hit up those rodeos next Summer and Fall for sure.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm in Minot. This winter was more blizzards (trust me, we are just seeing color today after 2 days of blowing snow.) I like it here. Just have an open mind.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast