Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Dakota????

1. Regular Member
    Advertisements
    As long as I'm with good people I'll have no problems. Make the best of what I have always! Plus I love small towns grew up in one for a large portion of my life and I hear it's kind of like that.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Minot is larger then the last time we were here; but, it is still a smaller town. It is in a farming area. Minot is about 8 miles from North Hill. We have all the major stores (Walmart, Target, Kmart, ect.) and a number of mom/pop joints. Winter was hard this year as we had 3 blizzards and 1 storm. We are expecting another this past weekend; but, it is good.

The next largest town is Bismarck and I like it down there better. I grew up going to Bismarck more; but, they have a lot more stores.

There is a lot of "nothing" here and the town doesn't cater to people. You have to find your way and find your own fun. It really isn't that bad and most of the people that complain or say, "I'm sorry" have never been here and shouldn't say anything. They aren't ones to go on. When you have hard orders, try to get in contact with your key spouse. Visitminot.org is a good place to see things too.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Regular Member
    I heard about the storm that just passed through. My boyfriend has been up there for awhile now. He has things that he likes and dislikes just like everywhere else. I personally like the slower pace of life. I do have to say I love Walmart lol. I think when I go up there next, which is in 17 days!!!!, we might try to get down to Bismark to check things out for a day. I appreciate your response though big time, thank you!!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Not a problem. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

BTW, we are suppose to get another 4-8 inches of snow this weekend again. haah.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Regular Member
    I'm in NW ND. Currently.
    Rest In Power T. You are my Hero everyday. I will see you again when I jump the Pearly Gates to get into Heaven.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12