Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Kansas City

Advertisements
    I just moved from NJ to Kansas City, and I'm wondering if anyone from MSOS is in the area. I only know a couple people here other than DB, so I'm looking for some people to hang out with or even just to chat with I think I'm finally getting settled in here and finding my way around a bit lol! I love in the northern part of the city so that's definitely helped with the transition some, I come from the middle of nowhere lol! Soooo who's near KC?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  2. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Welllllll, I WAS in KC. if that means anything?
    And I think SinisterLex is in the KC area maybe.

If you have any questions about the place, I can try to answer them to the best of my ability

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thanks! I will let you know if I can think of anything!

My biggest thing right now is finding decent pizza but growing up in NJ, I think I might have to shift my standards. We've only been to a couple of places with pizza, but it hasn't went well! And DB likes what I am now referring to as "midwestern pizza" haha. And even he is like "okay this is gross" so I know it's not just me. Any suggestions?

There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  4. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyJennJenn View Post
    Thanks! I will let you know if I can think of anything!

My biggest thing right now is finding decent pizza but growing up in NJ, I think I might have to shift my standards. We've only been to a couple of places with pizza, but it hasn't went well! And DB likes what I am now referring to as "midwestern pizza" haha. And even he is like "okay this is gross" so I know it's not just me. Any suggestions?
    I know a lot of people who liked Rosattis. I've only ever had it once though and don't remember too well. Personally, I LOVE old shawnee pizza. There is one on nieman between Johnson drive and shawnee mission parkway, and one over in argentine that is a little older. My favorite is the one on nieman!

What area are you in?

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thanks! We'll have to check those two places out! We had pizza at Minskey's a couple weeks back, which we had heard good things about, and it was rated pretty good from some food rating site, not only were we not crazy about it, it was pretty gross. My favorite part of pizza is the crust, and it had no flavor at all

]
  6. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Thanks! We'll have to check those two places out! We had pizza at Minskey's a couple weeks back, which we had heard good things about, and it was rated pretty good from some food rating site, not only were we not crazy about it, it was pretty gross. My favorite part of pizza is the crust, and it had no flavor at all
    Minskys is awful. Avoid it at all costs.

Hmmm. If you are thinking about other food, a few places to try
    J Gilberts (Very high end steakhouse and seriously worth every single penny. DONT go on a friday or saturday night without a reservation).
    Oklahoma Joe's (depends on how you like your bbq, but it is nationally rated supposedly. If you go on a weekend, you WILL stand in line for at least an hour, if not longer).
    Gates BBQ (They will yell "Hi MAY I HELP YOU" at you, but it is a greeting, not a question. )
    Garozzo's: Italian
    Nikko's: Inside the Marriott Hotel (which I used to work at, btw! ) Japanese steakhouse. Very highly rated, and have heard MANY good things. The reservations were booked out usually about 2 weeks.

Crap. there is another REALLY good place that my preggo brain is blanking out on. I could even tell you the history of the restaraunt and the approximate location, but I cant remember the stupid name.

AHA Wil Jenny's. Its really good, IMO. Large (very very large) portions.

7. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

And, there are two freaking amazing chinese restaurants too. One is called Sunny China on Shawnee drive in KCK.

The other is on 91st and metcalf, hidden behind a subway. They are only open 5pm-2am though so go during dinner.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by megan_laine View Post

J Gilberts (Very high end steakhouse and seriously worth every single penny. DONT go on a friday or saturday night without a reservation).
    Oklahoma Joe's (depends on how you like your bbq, but it is nationally rated supposedly. If you go on a weekend, you WILL stand in line for at least an hour, if not longer).
    Gates BBQ (They will yell "Hi MAY I HELP YOU" at you, but it is a greeting, not a question. )
    Nikko's: Inside the Marriott Hotel (which I used to work at, btw! ) Japanese steakhouse. Very highly rated, and have heard MANY good things. The reservations were booked out usually about 2 weeks.

Crap. there is another REALLY good place that my preggo brain is blanking out on. I could even tell you the history of the restaraunt and the approximate location, but I cant remember the stupid name.

Agree with these! The other ones I have not been too

Jack Stack BBQ is also really good. DB loves Gates and Jack Stack...I love Jack Stack and Ok Joes!

BRGR is a cool place as well. They have burgers and stuff like that, but all their food has a fun spin on it and is more unique than a lot of other burger joints.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

yeah Minskey's was bad, really really bad, it was PACKED too, and we had heard such good things about it, ick! I've been to Oklahoma Joes and DB has been to Gates, Oklahoma Joe's was awesome, and DB said that Gates was pretty good too! We'll have to check out the others! It's funny that you mentioned Nikko's when we were looking at apartments, we had choices between that Marriot and the Courtyard, and DB's Dad ended up making the reservations for the Courtyard, "because he likes those better" without bothering for our input! I wanted to go there!!! Thanks so much!!!

And, there are two freaking amazing chinese restaurants too. One is called Sunny China on Shawnee drive in KCK.

The other is on 91st and metcalf, hidden behind a subway. They are only open 5pm-2am though so go during dinner.
    Thank you! I've been looking for decent Chinese too! We had dinner with DB's friend who's lived here all his life and we had fish tacos at this little hole in the wall type place in a kind of sketchy area, but they were AMAZING! While we were there, he was talking about a similar Chinese place, but I'm not sure where it was! I need Chinese damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by katie17 View Post
    Agree with these! The other ones I have not been too

Jack Stack BBQ is also really good. DB loves Gates and Jack Stack...I love Jack Stack and Ok Joes!

BRGR is a cool place as well. They have burgers and stuff like that, but all their food has a fun spin on it and is more unique than a lot of other burger joints.
    We've been to Jack Stack too, I preferred OK Joes, but I liked that it was more of a sit down, and was able to actually hold a conversation over the people around us. It wasn't nearly as loud there! I think someone mentioned BRGR, but we didn't end up going, they decided we should go to OK Joe's for the 3rd or 4th time (yeah I stayed home and ate leftovers haha, I'm gaining too much weight. I had forgotten to go through my workout videos when I was packing, luckily my mom just sent them to me!)

Thank you all! I appreciate it!

]
  10. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

yeah Minskey's was bad, really really bad, it was PACKED too, and we had heard such good things about it, ick! I've been to Oklahoma Joes and DB has been to Gates, Oklahoma Joe's was awesome, and DB said that Gates was pretty good too! We'll have to check out the others! It's funny that you mentioned Nikko's when we were looking at apartments, we had choices between that Marriot and the Courtyard, and DB's Dad ended up making the reservations for the Courtyard, "because he likes those better" without bothering for our input! I wanted to go there!!! Thanks so much!!!

Thank you! I've been looking for decent Chinese too! We had dinner with DB's friend who's lived here all his life and we had fish tacos at this little hole in the wall type place in a kind of sketchy area, but they were AMAZING! While we were there, he was talking about a similar Chinese place, but I'm not sure where it was! I need Chinese damnit!

We've been to Jack Stack too, I preferred OK Joes, but I liked that it was more of a sit down, and was able to actually hold a conversation over the people around us. It wasn't nearly as loud there! I think someone mentioned BRGR, but we didn't end up going, they decided we should go to OK Joe's for the 3rd or 4th time (yeah I stayed home and ate leftovers haha, I'm gaining too much weight. I had forgotten to go through my workout videos when I was packing, luckily my mom just sent them to me!)

Thank you all! I appreciate it!
    I have more to share any time, but if you are REALLY in a mood for what I consider to be some of the best chinese food Ive ever had, make a trip to Bonner Springs.

Go during lunch to a place called Red Fortune. And then while you are in Bonner, check out a place called Moon Marble. Its a toy shop that is a blast from the past, seriously. They make their own marbles there too. Really awesome place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast