Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apartments around Minneapolis/St Paul

1. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries

Apartments around Minneapolis/St Paul

Advertisements
    What are some good towns to look at? Family friendly? Safe?

The jobs are all in Minneapolis/St Paul so we want to live near there and then just have hubs drive to Mankato for Drill and stuff.
    After 6 months he is going to put in the request to go active. Until then tho we need some where we can live
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  2. Senior Member
    I lived in Falcon Heights for a while which is right next to St. Paul. It was a pretty decent little suburb. Eagan and Mendota Heights are decent cities as well.
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Yay Minnesota! I lived in Dinkytown/Marcy Holmes [part of minneapolis] last year (wouldn't recommend it) and will be living in St. Anthony [part of st. paul] next year. What kind budget do you have? Roseville is nice but kinda pricey and on the north side of things. I've had friends in Bloomington and Eagan that had really nice places but it's super busy with all the interstates and airport and MoA. If you don't mind living kind of far away from Downtown, Shakopee is nice. Commuting on the west side of the metro area is a huge Bish though, so if you have a job on that side or downtown its best to live close unless you don't mind using transit and/or long commutes.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'd live south of the cities to be closer to mankato, but I did grow up in Shakopee so I might be biased.... there is a pretty big price difference compared to Virginia... first off... I'd stay away from the lower, cost effective apartment complexes... I'd try to go with a private renter, but thats my preference.

I've lived in Richfield and Minneapolis South, both were kind of rough. I won't live down that way ever again. Someone pulled a gun on me because my car alarm was going off in the middle of the night. No thanks.

Depending on the commute you want to go with, Chaska, Carver, Shakopee, Prior Lake, Burnsville, Savage maybe even Jordan (thats kind of getting further south and away from the cities) are all good places.

Man has it changed since I lived there.... but the more expensive places to live are Edina, Eden Prairie, Chanhassen, and Minnetonka.

Once you pick your general location than I could help you with neighborhoods from what I know and have heard. I have family down there so I could help with which neighborhoods are more ideal.
  5. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Why doesn't he drill at the Reserve Center? Right next to the airport. Thats where DH goes. MPLS/St. Paul area... hmmm... if your looking to go affordable, stay out of MPLS and St Paul. The "affordable" is also ghetto. Look for cities like Plymouth or Minnetonka. If your looking for west, NW of the cities. Minnetonka will be a lil pricey but plymouth has some real decently priced stuff that DH and I had looked at when we were apartment hunting. Stay away from all apartments in the Brooklyn Park/Brooklyn Center area. SCARY!!!! Hopkins has some ok town homes, but again, looking at like $1300 a month. I dunno where exactly your looking but I know of good places in New Hope, Rogers, Plymouth, Maple Grove, etc. I also know a lot of places to absolutely stay away from in those cities and Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, Robbinsdale, Crystal, etc. So let me know if your gonna be up on the north/NW/west side of the cities (my neck of the woods! ) otherwise I have no clue when it comes to south and east.
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart

Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Enforcer" View Post
    Why doesn't he drill at the Reserve Center? Right next to the airport. Thats where DH goes. MPLS/St. Paul area... hmmm... if your looking to go affordable, stay out of MPLS and St Paul. The "affordable" is also ghetto. Look for cities like Plymouth or Minnetonka. If your looking for west, NW of the cities. Minnetonka will be a lil pricey but plymouth has some real decently priced stuff that DH and I had looked at when we were apartment hunting. Stay away from all apartments in the Brooklyn Park/Brooklyn Center area. SCARY!!!! Hopkins has some ok town homes, but again, looking at like $1300 a month. I dunno where exactly your looking but I know of good places in New Hope, Rogers, Plymouth, Maple Grove, etc. I also know a lot of places to absolutely stay away from in those cities and Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, Robbinsdale, Crystal, etc. So let me know if your gonna be up on the north/NW/west side of the cities (my neck of the woods! ) otherwise I have no clue when it comes to south and east.
    I was gonna say exactly this about these towns!!
  7. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveOwls View Post
    I lived in Falcon Heights for a while which is right next to St. Paul. It was a pretty decent little suburb. Eagan and Mendota Heights are decent cities as well.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Yay Minnesota! I lived in Dinkytown/Marcy Holmes [part of minneapolis] last year (wouldn't recommend it) and will be living in St. Anthony [part of st. paul] next year. What kind budget do you have? Roseville is nice but kinda pricey and on the north side of things. I've had friends in Bloomington and Eagan that had really nice places but it's super busy with all the interstates and airport and MoA. If you don't mind living kind of far away from Downtown, Shakopee is nice. Commuting on the west side of the metro area is a huge Bish though, so if you have a job on that side or downtown its best to live close unless you don't mind using transit and/or long commutes.
    Not sure yet on budget, just trying to get an idea and get some places lined up so we can try to decide. lol

Quote Originally Posted by AwwSnail View Post
    I'd live south of the cities to be closer to mankato, but I did grow up in Shakopee so I might be biased.... there is a pretty big price difference compared to Virginia... first off... I'd stay away from the lower, cost effective apartment complexes... I'd try to go with a private renter, but thats my preference.

I've lived in Richfield and Minneapolis South, both were kind of rough. I won't live down that way ever again. Someone pulled a gun on me because my car alarm was going off in the middle of the night. No thanks.

Depending on the commute you want to go with, Chaska, Carver, Shakopee, Prior Lake, Burnsville, Savage maybe even Jordan (thats kind of getting further south and away from the cities) are all good places.

Man has it changed since I lived there.... but the more expensive places to live are Edina, Eden Prairie, Chanhassen, and Minnetonka.

Once you pick your general location than I could help you with neighborhoods from what I know and have heard. I have family down there so I could help with which neighborhoods are more ideal.
    Oh I know, we are paying 608 for our 3 bedroom up here.. Looking at prices down there made me and remember Vegas LOL

Quote Originally Posted by "The Enforcer" View Post

I have no clue why he doesn't drill from there, LOL Good question, I will ask him.

I know that he does need to be able to get to Mankato for school too since he will be doing the ROTC program.

Thanks tons for the cities y'all

Can't wait to be actually down some where that there are people. LOL The folks here are so ugh! lol
  8. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
  9. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyGirl View Post
    Thanks!

Not sure yet on budget, just trying to get an idea and get some places lined up so we can try to decide. lol

Oh I know, we are paying 608 for our 3 bedroom up here.. Looking at prices down there made me and remember Vegas LOL

I have no clue why he doesn't drill from there, LOL Good question, I will ask him.

I know that he does need to be able to get to Mankato for school too since he will be doing the ROTC program.

Thanks tons for the cities y'all

Can't wait to be actually down some where that there are people. LOL The folks here are so ugh! lol
    Where is that? All the apartments we have found start at $600 for a 1 bedroom, but that's in St. Cloud.
  10. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andreacn View Post
    Where is that? All the apartments we have found start at $600 for a 1 bedroom, but that's in St. Cloud.
    I live in Hibbing in Northern MN LOL..

That is about 170 miles north of St. Cloud.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast