Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nebraska/Iowa flood effected folks

1. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!

Exclamation Nebraska/Iowa flood effected folks

Advertisements
    Just wanted to start a thread so we can keep up with each other and this whole flood thing. If yall could, post the threads yall have started about the flood, and I can put them in the OP. This way everyone else can see if they choose to. Post any info you have, any pics, anything flood related.

Flooding *img hvy*

More flood pics *video added*

Theyre releasing more water today from the Gavins Point Dam in Yankton, SD, should reach our parts by Monday, just like last week. Hamburg's levee broke for a third time in 5 days this morning. They just said on the news that theyre not repairing it to keep the town from flooding, theyre repairing to try to give the town folks as much time as they can to get affairs in order and get whatever they can out. Ive got a feeling, and I know Frog does too, that this is going to be much worse than they were saying.

Sandbagging is still going on at MAC this weekend, and the base is sandbagging this weekend as well. I-29 is closed between Cresent and Loveland, along with various other roads in CB and Omaha (Im not up in that area, so if you know of any specific roads, post them please!!)

I know there are only a few of us here in the area, but its best if we stay in contact. I know my biggest fear is not the flood waters hitting my house, its the fact that we could very easily lose electricity and the sewers could easily flood too.

Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

Sometimes damaged goods are more valuable because of their unique qualities.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Freaks me out thinking that I am leaving tonight and not sure what I will come home to (even though I know zombie you will keep me updated).

I stickied this thread.
  3. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Thank you ma'am. I will def. keep you updated with how things are.
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  4. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    So yes, the water up here at Hayworth is def. higher than it was even yesterday. They started pulling people from work on base to help with sandbagging. And another levee broke down by the Missouri/Kansas border. Should effect the KC area from what I understand.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  5. Junior Member
    Seriously, if anyone needs anything please let me know. I'll do whatever I can to help whoever even if it isn't anyone here on MSOS.

Zombie/Frog you guys got drain plugs to stop the sewer right?
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by terribletm View Post
    Seriously, if anyone needs anything please let me know. I'll do whatever I can to help whoever even if it isn't anyone here on MSOS.

Obstacles are put in our way to see if we can overcome them
    Awwsnails wife
    Solstice- Words to live by: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.". Abraham Lincoln
  7. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by terribletm View Post

Im lucky and dont have a basement (this will be the only time you hear me say Im lucky for NOT having a basement). Im not sure if Frog was able to get one before she left for CA, but I know that there is nothing in her basement that shes too worried about (we had this convo yesterday).

Someone posted on the Flood FB page that her son is at Offutt and he is being evacuated (not sure where it is he lives, just close to the base) because theyre being told they will not have any electricity or sewer working by Monday. I havent heard a damn thing about that, but Im going to buy some more water and batteries for the flashlights. Ive got a place further into town to go if need be, but I hope it doesnt come to that.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  8. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieGrl View Post
    Im lucky and dont have a basement (this will be the only time you hear me say Im lucky for NOT having a basement). Im not sure if Frog was able to get one before she left for CA, but I know that there is nothing in her basement that shes too worried about (we had this convo yesterday).

Someone posted on the Flood FB page that her son is at Offutt and he is being evacuated (not sure where it is he lives, just close to the base) because theyre being told they will not have any electricity or sewer working by Monday. I havent heard a damn thing about that, but Im going to buy some more water and batteries for the flashlights. Ive got a place further into town to go if need be, but I hope it doesnt come to that.
    Raw sewage stinch sucks... I know because after the hurricanes in the south everything it touched was absolutely gross. Good thing you don't have a basement.
  9. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Wanna see something freaky?????? I know those of us who know the area know how bad it is.....but heres a pic difference for those of yall that dont. This is the Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge between Omaha, NE and Council Bluffs, IA. I know Armygirlfriend-x posted some pics somewhere of this bridge, but I saw these and had to share. I did NOT take these pictures.

Before:

After:

Obviously taken from a different angle, as the first one was taken on the ground and the second...well if it were taken from there, youd see nothing but water. Actually, it looks like the tree on the north side of the bridge in the second pic is the tree in the first pic.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  10. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Just updating a little. Just released that I-29 from Sioux City to Missouri Valley, IA may be closing soon due to flooding.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast