Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I guess we all have to grow up now...Toys R Us is closing

1. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels

I guess we all have to grow up now...Toys R Us is closing

Advertisements
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/15/toys...-they-are.html

I fully admit, I rarely shop at Toys R Us, the one closest to me is in an extremely inconvenient location. But it is sad to see them closing and thanks to the news this morning, I'm going to be signing the "I don't wanna grow up" song all day long.
  2. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

That's what I said.

I keep waiting for my local store to start the liquidation sale.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  3. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    That's what I said.

I keep waiting for my local store to start the liquidation sale.
    Mine was supposed to start yesterday, but didn't.
  4. Senior Member
    We live really close to one, but I can't say I'm too upset. My son wanted play cleaning stuff and they told me it was in the girls section, so my feminazi alarm went off and I kind of hate them.

I also bought my six year old's bike and it was a piece of junk that I had to return aftwr putting together. It was a pain in the ass....

Amazon just doesn't make the kids feel special on their birthdays though.
  5. Senior Member
    I mostly don’t care as a childless adult but it is a little sad lol. The store near me has been a ghost town for years now, I’ve been in a few times for gifts/video games and there’s never anybody in there besides employees, and it’s like dead quiet and kinda creepy. I passed it on my way home today though and the parking lot was overflowing! I was thinking about stopping in at some point to get something for my nephew but nah lol
  6. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    We live really close to one, but I can't say I'm too upset. My son wanted play cleaning stuff and they told me it was in the girls section, so my feminazi alarm went off and I kind of hate them.

I also bought my six year old's bike and it was a piece of junk that I had to return aftwr putting together. It was a pain in the ass....

Amazon just doesn't make the kids feel special on their birthdays though.
    Argh, I hate that. They’re toys, why do they have to be gendered? Who decided little boys got all the dinosaurs and robots, and little girls get the dolls and the fairy wings?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I mostly don’t care as a childless adult but it is a little sad lol. The store near me has been a ghost town for years now, I’ve been in a few times for gifts/video games and there’s never anybody in there besides employees, and it’s like dead quiet and kinda creepy. I passed it on my way home today though and the parking lot was overflowing! I was thinking about stopping in at some point to get something for my nephew but nah lol
    You say that as though you wouldn’t happy spend an afternoon with a box of lego
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  7. Senior Member
    Our Babies R Us was on the initial closing list, so it has been in liquidation for two months or so now. The prices are insanely high, no deals to speak of. The liquidation teams mark prices up to like, full MSRP and then have 'up to __% off' sales. Everything is still cheaper on Amazon/Walmart which is probably why they're going out of business in the first place.

Also, brands like Legos, Honest Company, etc were excluded from the liquidation sale. I'm curious now if they'll be included because all stores are closing or if those companies do not allow liquidation on their products and buy them back.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Our Babies R Us was on the initial closing list, so it has been in liquidation for two months or so now. The prices are insanely high, no deals to speak of. The liquidation teams mark prices up to like, full MSRP and then have 'up to __% off' sales. Everything is still cheaper on Amazon/Walmart which is probably why they're going out of business in the first place.

Also, brands like Legos, Honest Company, etc were excluded from the liquidation sale. I'm curious now if they'll be included because all stores are closing or if those companies do not allow liquidation on their products and buy them back.
    I’m pretty sure all liquidation sales are bullshit until like, the last day when only broken garbage is left over lol. I hit up borders and sports authority when they were shutting down and there was not a deal to be found.
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post

Aww that stinks! I've been wanting some Star Wars lego sets and thought maybe I could pick some up on the cheap.

DH is kinda bummed about it, I guess he has a lot of nostalgia for them but I never really went to Toys R Us so I don't care as much. I do remember when FAO Schwarz closed and that made me super sad though.