Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Vegas

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    This is where I am at today. I seriously have seen many of the "if I had been there with my concealed carry...!" comments. Like what, you're going to pull your sniper rifle out of your pocket, find the guy up on the 32nd floor and take him out? We as a society are not equipped to deal with these sorts of situations well, and I don't understand why it's so hard for people to see that basically unregulated gun sales (esp. in Nevada) are not helping.
    I saw someone's say that too. Just addressing this case alone, I think a crowd full of armed people would have made things worse, not better. Like you said it's just not something most people are equipped to deal with. I qualified for a concealed carry and nothing I learned would have helped me if I were there and armed.
  2. Moderator

I conceal carry and no way would I have been able to be of any help. Dude was across the street, diagonally.

However, allegedly the weapons he used were not legal. I know illegal weapons can still be found, but I don't think he went to Bass Pro and just picked these up.
  3. Senior Member
    In these situations innocents with guns can confuse LEOs and frighten people even more. They wouldn't have been able to help anyway since he was so high up, but I don't think that should be an argument against concealed carry as a whole. Shootings have been stopped or prevented by citizens who carry and I personally have been protected from harm twice by people who carry. I don't think this should be an argument about gun laws either since these were most likely obtained illegally
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    In these situations innocents with guns can confuse LEOs and frighten people even more. They wouldn't have been able to help anyway since he was so high up, but I don't think that should be an argument against concealed carry as a whole. Shootings have been stopped or prevented by citizens who carry and I personally have been protected from harm twice by people who carry. I don't think this should be an argument about gun laws either since these were most likely obtained illegally
    I genuinely do not understand this sentiment, like WHEN should there be a debate about gun laws then?

This is absolutely insane and mortifying.
  5. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

My heart is incredibly heavy today. Cannot even begin to imagine what going through that was like.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    I genuinely do not understand this sentiment, like WHEN should there be a debate about gun laws then?

This is absolutely insane and mortifying.
    Right? What better time than immediately after fucking 58 people were killed by a gun? This continues to happen. This is now the deadliest mass shooting in US history, broke the record set by the pulse shooting LAST JUNE. What will next year bring? Will it be time then?

And I mean honestly there's gun violence every day in this country so there's basically no day, ever, that will be the "right time" because it's always going to be after somebody was killed with a gun. Because it happens *every day*!!!!

And ok sure maybe this guys guns weren't legal but the Orlando shooter's guns were. And he killed only eight fewer people. With a legal weapon, that he bought from Lotus Gunworks less than 15 minutes from my house. That's how prevalent this is, you guys talk to me basically every day and that guy who shot up a nightclub in Orlando lived in an apartment complex I drive by on my way to my college campus and bought the gun he killed 50 people with from a store I pass on the way to the mall. Idk about you guys but that's way too close to home for me. Any one of us could be in this situation any day but for some reason we can't talk about gun control.
  7. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Right? What better time than immediately after fucking 58 people were killed by a gun? This continues to happen. This is now the deadliest mass shooting in US history, broke the record set by the pulse shooting LAST JUNE. What will next year bring? Will it be time then?

And I mean honestly there's gun violence every day in this country so there's basically no day, ever, that will be the "right time" because it's always going to be after somebody was killed with a gun. Because it happens *every day*!!!!

And ok sure maybe this guys guns weren't legal but the Orlando shooter's guns were. And he killed only eight fewer people. With a legal weapon, that he bought from Lotus Gunworks less than 15 minutes from my house. That's how prevalent this is, you guys talk to me basically every day and that guy who shot up a nightclub in Orlando lived in an apartment complex I drive by on my way to my college campus and bought the gun he killed 50 people with from a store I pass on the way to the mall. Idk about you guys but that's way too close to home for me. Any one of us could be in this situation any day but for some reason we can't talk about gun control.
    So. Much. This. Very well put, Ashley.
    ~Becca~

8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Thoughts to all affected.

Absolutely this.

life's a party, rock your body
  9. Senior Member
    I just can't believe somebody can accomplish all this with guns that are readily available for anybody to purchase legally and people think that's ok. Like, this is never gonna end.
    Every report I've seen has said it was automatic fire. Automatic weapons are already illegal.

I'm horrified by the scale, it's sick. This guy knew what he was doing, he cased the place. He shot into areas where the crowd bottlenecked. He knew exactly how this was going to do go down. Dangerous, disturbed individual.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    Every report I've seen has said it was automatic fire. Automatic weapons are already illegal.

I'm horrified by the scale, it's sick. This guy knew what he was doing, he cased the place. He shot into areas where the crowd bottlenecked. He knew exactly how this was going to do go down. Dangerous, disturbed individual.
    Reports I'm seeing only say that it sounded like automatic fire and his weapons could've been altered after purchase. It's too early to know for sure yet, because specific information hasn't been released.

I still don't care though? The pulse shooting was done with legal weapons, by a single guy. Killed 50 people instead of 58. Really big difference that legal vs illegal line made there.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast