Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Vegas

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    I couldn't sleep last night and had CNN on when the news broke. It's just horrible. I can't even imagine the terror and horror these poor people endured.

I'm curious how he shot from the 32nd floor. Most Vegas rooms don't have balconies and windows don't open all the way. I've never stayed at the Mandalay, but stayed next door.
    Video here showed the window was shot out...it looks like he just shot through it and kept on shooting...definitely wasn't opened and no balcony...64 year old man killed a lot of innocent people trying to enjoy country music...it's horrific...
  2. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    In total shock. Numbers right now are over 50 killed and over 400 injured. There's a ton of videos flying around from people that were on the scene. Completely heartbreaking.
    ~Becca~

3. Senior Member
    These things are happening so often. It makes going to large events scary. It's sickening that people out there can do this, killing so many innocent people. So much loss and heartbreak.
  4. Senior Member
    This is horrible.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    In total shock. Numbers right now are over 50 killed and over 400 injured. There's a ton of videos flying around from people that were on the scene. Completely heartbreaking.
    58 dead and 515 injured according to the sheriff's press conference a few minutes ago.
  6. Senior Member
    I just can't believe somebody can accomplish all this with guns that are readily available for anybody to purchase legally and people think that's ok. Like, this is never gonna end.
  7. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I just can't believe somebody can accomplish all this with guns that are readily available for anybody to purchase legally and people think that's ok. Like, this is never gonna end.
    This is where I am at today. I seriously have seen many of the "if I had been there with my concealed carry...!" comments. Like what, you're going to pull your sniper rifle out of your pocket, find the guy up on the 32nd floor and take him out? We as a society are not equipped to deal with these sorts of situations well, and I don't understand why it's so hard for people to see that basically unregulated gun sales (esp. in Nevada) are not helping.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  8. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    58 dead and 515 injured according to the sheriff's press conference a few minutes ago.
    This is absolutely insane. So many people

I also just saw a report that apparently he busted the windows with a hammer-like device.
    ~Becca~

9. Senior Member
    And there's a whole debate about making silencers easily available. Could you imagine how long this shooter would have been able to go for had he had a silencer?

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    And there's a whole debate about making silencers easily available. Could you imagine how long this shooter would have been able to go for had he had a silencer?
    Yeah I reeeeeally don't understand that one. Who is benefitted by silencers exactly? Other than criminals.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast