Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: hot car deaths and prevention

  1. Senior Member
    HerAirmansLove's Avatar
    HerAirmansLove is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    KAFB
    Posts
    2,389
    #11
    Advertisements
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.8c827c39636d

    PLEASE read and share this. I hear soooo many people say how they would never do that and people who do shouldn't have kids. That style of thinking is incredibly dangerous and naive. I hope that those people can be educated on the facts and how this can be prevented.
  2. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by HerAirmansLove View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.8c827c39636d

    PLEASE read and share this. I hear soooo many people say how they would never do that and people who do shouldn't have kids. That style of thinking is incredibly dangerous and naive. I hope that those people can be educated on the facts and how this can be prevented.
    Ugh so sad. Idk how those people manage to live with themselves after something like this. I don't think I'd be able to go on.
  3. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    germy's Avatar
    germy is offline
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,864

    #13
    Someone stopped being my friend over this debate a few years back. There was a recent case at the time and I mentioned that I leave my purse beside my son, JUST IN CASE. She was pregnant with her first at the time and gave me hell for it. Made me feel like a piece of shit mom. We haven't spoken since.

    I say that to say, it absolutely can happen to you/your child. Use whatever preventative measures you deem necessary.

    <3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  4. Senior Member
    Medic2Doula's Avatar
    Medic2Doula is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,325
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Someone stopped being my friend over this debate a few years back. There was a recent case at the time and I mentioned that I leave my purse beside my son, JUST IN CASE. She was pregnant with her first at the time and gave me hell for it. Made me feel like a piece of shit mom. We haven't spoken since.

    I say that to say, it absolutely can happen to you/your child. Use whatever preventative measures you deem necessary.
    she might change her mind, I too knew everything about parenting before having kids
  5. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Someone stopped being my friend over this debate a few years back. There was a recent case at the time and I mentioned that I leave my purse beside my son, JUST IN CASE. She was pregnant with her first at the time and gave me hell for it. Made me feel like a piece of shit mom. We haven't spoken since.

    I say that to say, it absolutely can happen to you/your child. Use whatever preventative measures you deem necessary.
    I just don't get that line of thinking? You're taking precautions against something horrible happening. Was she taking it like you routinely forget your kid in the car lol. I mean how is putting your bag in the backseat with him that much different from making sure he's buckled in properly? One is making sure he's safe when the car is in motion and one is making sure he's safe when it isn't. The end goal of keeping him alive is the same.
  6. Senior Member
    Medic2Doula's Avatar
    Medic2Doula is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,325
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by HerAirmansLove View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.8c827c39636d

    PLEASE read and share this. I hear soooo many people say how they would never do that and people who do shouldn't have kids. That style of thinking is incredibly dangerous and naive. I hope that those people can be educated on the facts and how this can be prevented.
    that is heart breaking
  7. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    michaelsmom's Avatar
    michaelsmom is offline
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,819
    Blog Entries
    1
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by HerAirmansLove View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.8c827c39636d

    PLEASE read and share this. I hear soooo many people say how they would never do that and people who do shouldn't have kids. That style of thinking is incredibly dangerous and naive. I hope that those people can be educated on the facts and how this can be prevented.
    That article is one of the most heart breaking things I have read in a long time. I literally cried several times. I wish people would quit judging everyone and try to understand that sometimes life just get so busy that we forget things. This whole "Mom Wars" shit has GOT to stop. Life is not a competition. We don't have to try to outdo each other at everything, including harsh and horrible comments and judgement made about people we don't know and whose pain in these situations we can't possibly imagine.

    Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  8. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    germy's Avatar
    germy is offline
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,864

    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    she might change her mind, I too knew everything about parenting before having kids
    Her kid is at least three now. Hopefully she gets that shit happens at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I just don't get that line of thinking? You're taking precautions against something horrible happening. Was she taking it like you routinely forget your kid in the car lol. I mean how is putting your bag in the backseat with him that much different from making sure he's buckled in properly? One is making sure he's safe when the car is in motion and one is making sure he's safe when it isn't. The end goal of keeping him alive is the same.
    I don't get that way of thinking either. How could it possibly be a bad thing? No idea. It may have also been because I said we're all only human and people make mistakes.

    <3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  9. Senior Member
    HerAirmansLove's Avatar
    HerAirmansLove is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    KAFB
    Posts
    2,389
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ugh so sad. Idk how those people manage to live with themselves after something like this. I don't think I'd be able to go on.
    I know . Every time one of my kids gets hurt I think about it for days. The first day we got to England our TLF wasn't ready so we had to stand outisde waiting for hours until it was done. Carter tripped on the cerb and hit his face. He had the worst bruise and I was hysterical. Even now when I see pictures of hijm with that bruise, I feel awful and sick to my stomach.

    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Someone stopped being my friend over this debate a few years back. There was a recent case at the time and I mentioned that I leave my purse beside my son, JUST IN CASE. She was pregnant with her first at the time and gave me hell for it. Made me feel like a piece of shit mom. We haven't spoken since.

    I say that to say, it absolutely can happen to you/your child. Use whatever preventative measures you deem necessary.
    Wow. I wonder if she's come off that high horse yet and she's just afraid to reach out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    that is heart breaking
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmom View Post
    That article is one of the most heart breaking things I have read in a long time. I literally cried several times. I wish people would quit judging everyone and try to understand that sometimes life just get so busy that we forget things. This whole "Mom Wars" shit has GOT to stop. Life is not a competition. We don't have to try to outdo each other at everything, including harsh and horrible comments and judgement made about people we don't know and whose pain in these situations we can't possibly imagine.
    It really is. I read it at least once a year and I bawl every time. I'm so over mom wars. I've lost many "friends" over mom wars and while I realize I'm probably better off without them, I still worryin instances like this because people are flat out refusing to open their minds to the fact that THIS COULD HAPPEN TO THEM and they're not willing to learn about how to prevent it. It's scary.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •