Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corpsman in Hot Water

1. Senior Member

Corpsman in Hot Water

Advertisements
    Navy removes workers who called babies 'mini Satans'

I watched this blow up on Facebook last night, a few of the photos/videos have been removed or edited from the original posts, but there are still a few photos on Facebook. The photos made it clear that while making the newborn "dance" the head was not being supported and the limbs were a bit contorted. My friend group is a bit shocked since they went through training with one of the corpsman. What are your thoughts on this? It's making me sad to see the public lump all corpsman in with those involved in this incident. I might be biased, but nearly every corpsman I've met has been very kind and good at what they do.
  2. Senior Member
    Idk why you'd lump them all in together either but this is so gross and sad. If that was my baby I'd key her car at the very least.
  3. Senior Member
    Most certainly wouldn't lump together.
    I worked with a few former corpsmen nurses, and each one cared about what they were doing.
    I hope the people involved get the maximum punishment, and I hope that includes jail time.
    I have no nice things to say about that poor excuse for a human being.
  4. Senior Member
    I don't lump corpsman and nurses together since they are not the same in the first place...nor do I just lump any medical staff/facility all the same. There are good people and bad people in both the military and civilian world.
  5. Senior Member
    Who is lumping them all together? I don't see that. I mean other service members do stuff and no one lumps anyone together.

I think what they did was disgusting and wrong, not to mention unproffessional, and they should be punished and if that was my kid, I would be beyond furious!
  6. Senior Member
    I've seen countless people saying "this is why I don't trust corpsman", "this is why I hate naval hospitals", "this shows corpsman aren't qualified", "this is why I don't let nurses take my baby from the room", etc
  7. Senior Member
    I just saw this on my facebook. I'd say Im surprised, but honestly, not much about human kind surprises me after working in child welfare and law enforcement. This is very disturbing and wrong and should be punished.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    I've seen countless people saying "this is why I don't trust corpsman", "this is why I hate naval hospitals", "this shows corpsman aren't qualified", "this is why I don't let nurses take my baby from the room", etc
    I have seen that too
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    I feel like corpsman already had a bad rap before this incident . People are always complaining (on FB and IRL) about their quality of care at Naval on most of the bases I've been to. In fact, there was even a thread on here a while back about needing to give Naval positive rewiew since they're usually negative.

*Not saying it's right, just saying those are common statements.*

10. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I'm confused, how did they have access to real babies? Was this at the hospital?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast