Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corpsman in Hot Water

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    I'm confused, how did they have access to real babies? Was this at the hospital?
    It was at the naval hospital at NAS jacksonville. And I mean no one either saw anything or could say anything till someone said/saw something now. This could very well have gone on at a civilian location too.
  2. Senior Member
    I just can't get over how stupid they were. Like, just absolutely stupid. I can't wait to find out what the Navy decides to do with them, if we ever find out.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I just can't get over how stupid they were. Like, just absolutely stupid. I can't wait to find out what the Navy decides to do with them, if we ever find out.
    I'm in the same spot. It seems like logic would have been screaming at them to not do any of the things they did. I was going to say that they'll probably not make their punishment known, but with how outraged people are they might be pressured to.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong but they could very well be facing civilian charges as well. They violated the patient's HIPPA rights, and could very well argue that they assaulted the baby. I am wondering if the parents will press charges.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong but they could very well be facing civilian charges as well. They violated the patient's HIPPA rights, and could very well argue that they assaulted the baby. I am wondering if the parents will press charges.
    I think it comes down to if the state has jurisdiction since the crime was committed on a military base (well, hospital). But I could also be totally wrong about that because my law knowledge comes directly from Law and Order.

They most def violated HIPPA, but again I'm not sure if they have any civilian certs/licenses that would be taken away by a civilian body since they are military corpsmen. I'm curious to see what the families do as well!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    People tend to be protective of their little ones. If the parents suspect at ANY point that all that moving around without head support has done lasting damage to the baby...they might try.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    People tend to be protective of their little ones. If the parents suspect at ANY point that all that moving around without head support has done lasting damage to the baby...they might try.
    if it were my baby, we wouldn't make it to a court room. If she has *any* knowledge of pediatric airways, she would know having the head fall to the chest closes the airway, thus she was willingly putting the child at risk of going without oxygen. I don't have the character it takes to see that and not want to be violent towards her.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12