Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Man Dragged from United Flight

1. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    Anyone hear about the couple that was removed from United this weekend gong to Cancun for their wedding? You'd think United would be treading lightly due to the current situation they are in.
    Yup and it sounds like there's more to the story. United claimed that the couple repeatedly tried to sit in upgraded seats. After several issues, they were removed from the plane. I tend to side with United on this one and think the couple may have been using the original story to play it up.
    ~Becca~

2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Yup and it sounds like there's more to the story. United claimed that the couple repeatedly tried to sit in upgraded seats. After several issues, they were removed from the plane. I tend to side with United on this one and think the couple may have been using the original story to play it up.
    Oh, I did not hear that part. In that case, I agree. There is always more to every story - just thought it was kind of ironic this happened again, just after the last incident.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The reason the employees got the seats was because I guess they were due to work on another flight? Like they would've had to delay other flights by however long if they didn't get them on this particular flight. That's still no excuse though lmao plan your shit better.
    When my dad worked for delta, they bid trips. Round trips, I don't see this as ever being an issue.
    Towards the end he had to commute out of Atlanta, which was difficult, but he would either ride jump seat, or get an empty seat. If a customer paid for their seat, even though he was a captain, it fell on him for poor planning (although he never let this happen because my dad is awesome). They would *never* ask (or force) a paying customer to give up their seat for an employee. The flights and crew are planned weeks in advanced with an on call crew too (if a pilot got sick or something, he could go in on call if he was on call at that time).
  4. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    When my dad worked for delta, they bid trips. Round trips, I don't see this as ever being an issue.
    Towards the end he had to commute out of Atlanta, which was difficult, but he would either ride jump seat, or get an empty seat. If a customer paid for their seat, even though he was a captain, it fell on him for poor planning (although he never let this happen because my dad is awesome). They would *never* ask (or force) a paying customer to give up their seat for an employee. The flights and crew are planned weeks in advanced with an on call crew too (if a pilot got sick or something, he could go in on call if he was on call at that time).
    That's all good and well if that's what's *planned* but there are factors outside of anyone's control - weather, maintenance, canceled flights, etc etc - that can cause scheduled crew rides to get bumped. Bumping passengers is common practice among ALL airlines, even Delta. Just because it didn't happen to your dad doesn't mean that it didn't happen to other Delta crewmembers. Read their contract of carriage.
    ~Becca~

5. Senior Member
    That's all good and well if that's what's *planned* but there are factors outside of anyone's control - weather, maintenance, canceled flights, etc etc - that can cause scheduled crew rides to get bumped. Bumping passengers is common practice among ALL airlines, even Delta. Just because it didn't happen to your dad doesn't mean that it didn't happen to other Delta crewmembers. Read their contract of carriage.
    He did have canceled flights and missed connections, they still would not give him a seat that was paid for. He would fly stand by or ride the jump seat
  6. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    He did have canceled flights and missed connections, they still would not give him a seat that was paid for. He would fly stand by or ride the jump seat
    Just because that's what *he* did doesn't mean that's what *other* crewmembers did. It happens all the time. It's only publicized now due to this incident.
    ~Becca~

7. Senior Member
    Just because that's what *he* did doesn't mean that's what *other* crewmembers did. It happens all the time. It's only publicized now due to this incident.
    That's all I'm saying. That's what he did in his nearly 30 years of experience. He works for the FAA now and none of his Co workers have ever heard of such a thing.
  8. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I never knew there were so many aviation experts on here (other than B, who actually is)!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456