Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Man Dragged from United Flight

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    I'm sure United won't be overbooked for a while.
    My supervisor left on a united flight right when the news broke today and when she landed, she emailed me and said she was thinking of changing all her flights in the next few weeks and to not rely on her calendar to know when she'd be back. I definitely think United is going to take a huge hit because of this.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    If they had been planning to transport the employees then they overbooked by 4 seats, but I honestly don't see why they couldn't have sat in the flight attendant seats if it was THAT important that they get there.

Obviously it happens with every airline, but United seems to do it a LOT.

I'm kind of surprised no one volunteered to get off in his place, they usually offer really good incentives like free ticket, upgrade to first class, etc
    Here's a good article that lays out how/why airlines can involuntarily bump you from flights - https://thepointsguy.com/2017/04/you...luntary-bumps/

Also, you'll see that United is listed as middle of the road when it comes to these bumps. I read another article that listed Southwest and Jetblue as the major carriers that bump passengers the most often.

There was a leaked email this morning from the CEO that is blaming the passenger I don't know how anyone could ever come to that conclusion based on the multiple videos showing exactly what happened.
    ~Becca~

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Here's a good article that lays out how/why airlines can involuntarily bump you from flights - https://thepointsguy.com/2017/04/you...luntary-bumps/

Also, you'll see that United is listed as middle of the road when it comes to these bumps. I read another article that listed Southwest and Jetblue as the major carriers that bump passengers the most often.

There was a leaked email this morning from the CEO that is blaming the passenger I don't know how anyone could ever come to that conclusion based on the multiple videos showing exactly what happened.
    What??
  4. Wine-o
    Wine-o
  5. Senior Member
    I just skimmed through the thread because Im at work and my supervisor kept bugging me. LOL. Sorry if I repeat anyone else's thread, but my radio station talked about this this AM. The 4 officers who dragged the person off the plane were not united employees. They were the Airport's employees (still think they acted inappropriately) and I think United should have just let it go and their employee who needed on the plane to have just waited for the other flight... OR if it was me, I would have probably just taken that passengers spot and got off the plane and caught the next one. Someone also stated the passenger was Tone Deaf and he couldn't understand what they were asking of him.
  6. d12
    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
    I genuinely cannot believe a professional organization chose THIS manner of removing someone from the plane. Holy shitsnacks....Had he been in violation of rules or something, then maybe...but because they needed space for employees? Geeezzz. They should have just kept dragging his ass to the bank so they could write him the big fat check they'll be writing.
  7. Senior Member
    We (myself, my three year old, and my 8 month old) flew last night, and as we were sitting there waiting for everyone to finish boarding I just thought 'What would I do if this happened on our flight?' I hope my answer would be to stand up and put up some sort of fight for this man. Whether that be de-boarding and hoping others followed, or calling the police myself to report an assault. It made me sad that no one did. I understand that people have places to be (we did) and I understand that it's hard to stand up and say this ISN'T right or okay and I'm not going to allow this to happen, but shit a bunch of people did right?

THAT part bothered me. I am in NO way placing blame on those passengers, they had no responsibilities to him and United placed them all in an uncomfortable position. But damn I just don't know if I could sit there and let my kids cry hysterically (I read an article saying kids were upset and crying) and not get the fuck off that plane and immediately call the police.

ETA: Ugh. I feel like I'm so victim blaming in this (because I honestly do think those other passengers were victims of being forced to watch this violent act) but DAMN this was just painful to watch. Like, I understand people were yelling this isn't right and probably were scared themselves, but it just honestly blows my mind no one refused to fly after that.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    We (myself, my three year old, and my 8 month old) flew last night, and as we were sitting there waiting for everyone to finish boarding I just thought 'What would I do if this happened on our flight?' I hope my answer would be to stand up and put up some sort of fight for this man. Whether that be de-boarding and hoping others followed, or calling the police myself to report an assault. It made me sad that no one did. I understand that people have places to be (we did) and I understand that it's hard to stand up and say this ISN'T right or okay and I'm not going to allow this to happen, but shit a bunch of people did right?

THAT part bothered me. I am in NO way placing blame on those passengers, they had no responsibilities to him and United placed them all in an uncomfortable position. But damn I just don't know if I could sit there and let my kids cry hysterically (I read an article saying kids were upset and crying) and not get the fuck off that plane and immediately call the police.

ETA: Ugh. I feel like I'm so victim blaming in this (because I honestly do think those other passengers were victims of being forced to watch this violent act) but DAMN this was just painful to watch. Like, I understand people were yelling this isn't right and probably were scared themselves, but it just honestly blows my mind no one refused to fly after that.
    I do think that whole situation would be traumatic to sit through, especially children. I can't imagine how I would react seeing something like that play out when I was little.

DH kind of made a comment along the same lines as yours though, that escalating the situation to the point of physical violence could have caused ... not a riot, but I guess like an uprising among the passengers? Like if a few or even one person stood up and wanted to make an issue of it, more people may have followed. I just think it created a dangerous situation all around. And again, I would be so upset if I were one of the employees who was supposed to take a spot on that flight and my company handled it that way and then wanted me to sit among all those people after what happened. Especially with other passengers making comments at them, I wonder if they worried about being safe too. Just seems like such a bad call all around.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I do think that whole situation would be traumatic to sit through, especially children. I can't imagine how I would react seeing something like that play out when I was little.

DH kind of made a comment along the same lines as yours though, that escalating the situation to the point of physical violence could have caused ... not a riot, but I guess like an uprising among the passengers? Like if a few or even one person stood up and wanted to make an issue of it, more people may have followed. I just think it created a dangerous situation all around. And again, I would be so upset if I were one of the employees who was supposed to take a spot on that flight and my company handled it that way and then wanted me to sit among all those people after what happened. Especially with other passengers making comments at them, I wonder if they worried about being safe too. Just seems like such a bad call all around.
    Omg, I read a blurb somewhere that the crew came on smiling and shaking their heads in a 'man wasn't he crazy?' kind of way. I have no verification that was true, I read it on facebook somewhere, let me see if I can find it.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  10. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    LOL so the United CEO FINALLY publicly apologized.... after he already said it was the passenger's fault and then stocks dropped over $1bil.

Sidenote - the guys who dragged him off the plane were not United employees... they were airport police.
    ~Becca~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast