Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Note7 Banned from Aircraft

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    We are flying right now and they keep making announcements to let them know if you have one and need to make "other arrangements" I wonder what people will do lol. If I had a note 7 it would have been ok on the first flight but banned on the return ...
    Same! If I remember the announcement correctly, on our return flight via United, people with them need to provide them to the flight attendants before boarding to make sure they were "brought on board with the proper precautions. I assume with the battery out of it?
  2. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    Same! If I remember the announcement correctly, on our return flight via United, people with them need to provide them to the flight attendants before boarding to make sure they were "brought on board with the proper precautions. I assume with the battery out of it?
    The batteries aren't removable, similar to the iPhone. Not sure what the precautions would be but maybe they put them in a place where someone can keep an eye on them in case something happens.
    ~Becca~

3. Senior Member
    I mean, people had plenty of time to get them replaced for free right? It would still suck so bad!
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    I have no idea. They actually made another announcement in the middle of the flight and said if anyone had one, to please notify a flight attendant and that it needed to be kept on the person and powered off. So I think yeah they wanted them to be where they could keep an eye on them!
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeth View Post
    I mean, people had plenty of time to get them replaced for free right? It would still suck so bad!
    If I'm not mistaken, all Note 7s have been recalled, even the replacement phones.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, all Note 7s have been recalled, even the replacement phones.
    This is correct
    ~Becca~

7. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Looks like airlines are taking additional precautions - http://6abc.com/travel/report-of-ban...t-phl/1583770/
    ~Becca~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12