Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF with the clowns?

1. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

WTF with the clowns?

Advertisements
    So I've been seeing there are clowns popping up all over scaring people, and just saw an article on one that was shot and killed. Why? Why are people doing this? Is it the election driving people batshit crazy?
  2. Senior Member
    I think a few people did it to be funny and now all the media attention has more people joining in. I read that an online costume store has had an increase in clown masks. It's an easy way to get a reaction from the public and people are taking advantage of that. The first several sightings were peaceful and they've progressed from just standing there to chasing people, to trying to attack people.

I really wasn't scared at first because they never did anything, but with all the reports of attacks it is starting to get unsettling, especially since there have been several threats made on high schools, even though there's speculation that those threats are made by students to get out of going to school.

I hope it all settles down soon.
  3. Senior Member
    The first time I saw one of those stories the first thing out of my mouth was "do they want to get shot? this is how people get shot." you're capitalizing on a common fear, and especially if you're attacking/chasing people, you're going to get yourself hurt.
    I'm not afraid of clowns... so I don't really get it. But it would be frightening to have just a regular guy menacingly staring at me, following me, attacking, etc. That behavior is creepy, and I'm sure for people afraid of clowns its even worse. I fear someone is going to hurt an innocent birthday clown or something out of fear :/

4. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    They threatened to kidnap students and murder teachers walking to cars today at the school across the road from me. I am not ok with terrorizing people.
  5. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    The first time I saw one of those stories the first thing out of my mouth was "do they want to get shot? this is how people get shot." you're capitalizing on a common fear, and especially if you're attacking/chasing people, you're going to get yourself hurt.
    I'm not afraid of clowns... so I don't really get it. But it would be frightening to have just a regular guy menacingly staring at me, following me, attacking, etc. That behavior is creepy, and I'm sure for people afraid of clowns its even worse. I fear someone is going to hurt an innocent birthday clown or something out of fear :/
    lol that's the reaction I had too.

Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    They threatened to kidnap students and murder teachers walking to cars today at the school across the road from me. I am not ok with terrorizing people.
    Holy shit! Are the police taking it seriously in your area?
  6. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries
    The first I'd heard of it was in South Carolina, I think, and it was an apartment complex warning parents to watch their kids because of reports of a clown trying to lure children into the woods nearby. Now there are reports of clowns doing shit here in GA and several other surrounding states and even further away. It's ridiculous and stupid.

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  7. Senior Member
    Omgggg now they're here!! Someone posted a picture on fb today of a clown in some tall grass by an apartment complex nearby. #nahhhhh
  8. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Omgggg now they're here!! Someone posted a picture on fb today of a clown in some tall grass by an apartment complex nearby. #nahhhhh
    What, like a Pokemon? Hiding in tall grass?!!

Srsly tho, no thanks. Evil clowns suck and I wish people would stop being creepy clowns
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    What, like a Pokemon? Hiding in tall grass?!!

Srsly tho, no thanks. Evil clowns suck and I wish people would stop being creepy clowns
    Clearly a Mr. Mime.

But I would have figured people were back into clowns again because there is going to be an "IT" remake? Im not entirely sure nor have I looked it up., just recalled it through conversation.
    Last edited by TriggerHappy; 10-04-2016 at 09:46 PM.
  10. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Ugh so apparently on Instagram an account was made saying "they were coming" for our little town and the surrounding small towns around us. Then last night at 9:15 our fricking power goes out

When the first thing out of people's mouths is clowns cut the power in the whole neighborhood instead of the transformer blew, this whole "prank" is getting ridiculous. That's seriously how you get shot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast