Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF with the clowns?

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmom View Post
    The first I'd heard of it was in South Carolina, I think, and it was an apartment complex warning parents to watch their kids because of reports of a clown trying to lure children into the woods nearby. Now there are reports of clowns doing shit here in GA and several other surrounding states and even further away. It's ridiculous and stupid.
    It was later found that the kids had made this up.

Also, Lot's of school have been threatened by these "Clowns" via a generic social media post.

Lots of kids are now making up a lot of their own stories... having their car surrounded by clowns on a remote roads etc. Social media has made this terrorizing extremely easy.
    Last edited by kw1214; 10-05-2016 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling, what else?
  2. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Yes social media has totally intensified this and some stories are made up or hoaxes but like DONT threaten the schools etc. saying you're going to come to these schools and kidnap children or murder teachers that's not funny. Like there is literally nothing funny about that. Seeing the social media posts about "oh we're coming for your town" there are people with real phobias of clowns or just in general the fear that someone might actually take a child. It's scary.

3. Senior Member
    Unfortunately kids post things on social media without thinking about the consequences of their actions. They also don't realize how fast one post can spread via the internet.... and just how far one post can reach. I do believe this is what has happened with this whole clown thing. They think they are untraceable.

It's unfortunate that anyone would threaten our children, teachers, schools or anyone for that matter.

Someone somewhere is sitting back and saying: " Just look at the frenzy I caused!" And that is sad!
  4. Senior Member
    There was one outside of a Frayser school following kids here which is a ROUGH neighborhood. The school went on lock down and MPD responded, but they didn't find it. You have to have a serious death wish to pull that shit here.
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Maybe it's just me but I figured it had something to do with the announcement that they are re-making the movie version of IT. The first instance I heard of was not long after I saw the announcement about what Pennywise was going to look like in the new movie so I figured somebody was like, "Oh they think they're funny because of IT"....

6. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    lol that's the reaction I had too.

Holy shit! Are the police taking it seriously in your area?
    Yes, they have been on top of it. And I hate to admit that I wouldnt put it past some of the people in this area to do it either. This area is very dangerous and I cannot wait to get out of here. I just dont understand why these accounts are not being taken down. I dont have a fear of clowns. But, I do have ptsd and dont find this in any way acceptable to terrorize people. When you are start making threats, then it is terrorizing and should be prosecuted as such.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I figured it had something to do with the announcement that they are re-making the movie version of IT. The first instance I heard of was not long after I saw the announcement about what Pennywise was going to look like in the new movie so I figured somebody was like, "Oh they think they're funny because of IT"....
    I'm still suspicious that it's some kind of viral marketing. Somebody said it was for some rob zombie movie and they denied it but idg why else there would be so many clowns or why it would spread so far? Especially because they're not actually doing anything. There have been no abductions, no robberies, like what else is the purpose other than to be creepy and get people talking? The ones that were threatening the schools or whatever are probably copycats.
  8. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Just gonna drop this here

9. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Just gonna drop this here
    Love it, April!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm still suspicious that it's some kind of viral marketing. Somebody said it was for some rob zombie movie and they denied it but idg why else there would be so many clowns or why it would spread so far? Especially because they're not actually doing anything. There have been no abductions, no robberies, like what else is the purpose other than to be creepy and get people talking? The ones that were threatening the schools or whatever are probably copycats.
    It may have started that way, but I think it's all copycats now. Nearly everyone that has been caught has been a teen trying to freak everyone out.

There are several in my tiny hometown right now and I definitely think they're just jumping on for some kind of excitement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12