Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terror Attack on Nice

1. Senior Member

Terror Attack on Nice

Advertisements
    France is suffering from yet another terror attack. These mass killings are so tragic and happening more and more frequently. It's very sad to say, but I feel that a lot of people are becoming numb to events like this. The last attack on France flooded my Facebook and my daily conversations for weeks and this time it seems to be slipping by quietly, I don't think any of my friends ever even talked about the attack in Istanbul.

Do you think these mass terror acts will become less frequent in the coming years?
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    France is suffering from yet another terror attack. These mass killings are so tragic and happening more and more frequently. It's very sad to say, but I feel that a lot of people are becoming numb to events like this. The last attack on France flooded my Facebook and my daily conversations for weeks and this time it seems to be slipping by quietly, I don't think any of my friends ever even talked about the attack in Istanbul.

Do you think these mass terror acts will become less frequent in the coming years?
    The news broke in the evening, so I believe more people will be talking about it this morning.

I found out about it last night through FB. I cried after reading the eyewitness testimonies and saw images of the shot up delivery truck. It's awful and I hate that this type of senseless mass killing is happening almost weekly.

To answer your final question, I feel like the attacks are becoming MORE frequent. I hate what the world is turning into. It's awful.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post

it is sad...even where I work (which this is part of what I do) this attack isn't taking as much of a precedence as the last ones or even Istanbul

To you question no unfortunately I don't see these attacks becoming less frequent and actually more frequent until something is done to prevent them. Honestly a lot of the problems in France and Turkey etc is the free flow of immigration. When you have open borders you can't control who comes in and who leaves and therefore people who if they were vetted would not be let in come waltzing in freely. We also need to somehow censor the internet, which will never be supported by many people and governments, but that is how a lot of the radical extremism that we are seeing is spread; young, vulnerable people seeking friendships with the wrong people online. It's also where people are finding the information to be able to carry out a lot of these attacks articles like "How to Make a Bomb in the Kitchen of your Mom" shouldn't be so easy to find IMO.
  4. Senior Member
    It is so sad. It is a weight on my heart and I feel like it only gets heavier. I don't know how to talk to children about this, let alone my friends. I agree, I don't see any reason why things will change for the better-nothing is happening to cause it to.
  5. Senior Member
    It's really so heart breaking and scary!!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  6. Senior Member
    It really is scary. Jets, tanks and troops do very little to fight this.
  7. Senior Member
    It's so scary. Since these types of things are being carried out more and more often it makes me wonder what kind of place the world will be in ten or twenty years. If they don't stop happening all the time then something has to be done to prevent them and then it's the question of what. I really agree with Rose about borders and especially the internet. I know everyone hates the idea of having their actions on the web monitored, but I think it's worth it if it can help prevent these attacks from happening. With so many people to watch over no one is going to care what you're doing online unless it is pretty suspicious.

My mom has a different idea and feels that the frequency is going to fall on it's own. She feels like the media attention and the uproar after each attack is what triggers the next and that once people start reacting less things will settle.
  8. Senior Member
    My heart is so heavy. I just can't believe it.

During the 4th, I was standing in wall to wall people getting ready to watch the fireworks and celebrate the festivities, I had a thought about what if there was a terrorist attack during one of these celebrations. So my heart is heavy that these people were celebrating Bastille day and enjoying themselves, like I was doing just a few weeks ago, and tragedy struck. It just makes me really sad.

I do think there will be less terrorist attacks in the coming months. DH had said ISIS has issued a statement when Ramadan had started that they wanted people to commit terrorists attacks during the month of Ramadan. I don't know if that is true because I don't search for ISIS stuff on the computer. But I know there were a lot in the month of Ramadan. As far as France is concerned, I don't know if they have come out and said if the guy was associated with a terrorist organization or not.

I will say, I think we are getting numb to the terrorist attacks because I didn't see anything about Istanbul on my FB (or even hardly on the news) and very very little about France.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanduh View Post
    My heart is so heavy. I just can't believe it.

During the 4th, I was standing in wall to wall people getting ready to watch the fireworks and celebrate the festivities, I had a thought about what if there was a terrorist attack during one of these celebrations. So my heart is heavy that these people were celebrating Bastille day and enjoying themselves, like I was doing just a few weeks ago, and tragedy struck. It just makes me really sad.

I do think there will be less terrorist attacks in the coming months. DH had said ISIS has issued a statement when Ramadan had started that they wanted people to commit terrorists attacks during the month of Ramadan. I don't know if that is true because I don't search for ISIS stuff on the computer. But I know there were a lot in the month of Ramadan. As far as France is concerned, I don't know if they have come out and said if the guy was associated with a terrorist organization or not.

I will say, I think we are getting numb to the terrorist attacks because I didn't see anything about Istanbul on my FB (or even hardly on the news) and very very little about France.
    I so agree and I felt the same way for a bit on the 4th. I'm usually on my small hometown on the 4th and wouldn't have been worried, but we were celebrating in a huge city and there were so so many people. It made me a bit nervous because I realized how easy it would be for something bad to happen there
  10. Senior Member
    I will admit, I cried when I saw the news. This is just happening left and right lately. Plus, I am terrified that db is in the military and next year, either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is going to be "commander-in-chief" of the military. I hope whoever becomes president takes a stand against terror and actually fights back or a lot more people are going to die...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast