Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #Brexit

1. Moderator

Advertisements
    I'm undecided on for/against the actual issue. I do feel like 52/48 is a REALLLLLY small margin for such a huge decision.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I'm undecided on for/against the actual issue. I do feel like 52/48 is a REALLLLLY small margin for such a huge decision.
    It is really a very small margin and you have to wonder if the common person really understands the repercussions. I don't think I would if I was a citizen there.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    I say good for them. I wouldn't want to be beholden to laws and regulations made by a foreign body that I did not elect, and had no ability to get rid of. They voted, majority voted to leave. I'm not a Brit, so its not really my place to tell them what to do with their own country.
    But it's not only the Brits, and from what I understand, basically everyone else voted overwhelmingly to stay. So this really sucks for them, and potentially Europe as a whole, especially since apparently a major campaign advert many people probably voted on was admitted to be "a mistake."

Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    From my understanding, and I'm no expert, is that other "strong" countries in the EU like Scandinavian and Germany could be the next to drop out. That would start to cause a run on the EU banks and the currency could become almost worthless dropping much of Europe into a economic and financial crisis the likes of the great depression. Again ... I'm far far from and expert, just voicing what I have heard.
    That's my understanding as well.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    RIGHT?? Meanwhile when Florida was voting for/against medical marijuana a couple years ago, it needed 60% to go through. So ridiculous.
  5. Senior Member
    Some of the people most affected with be EU members that are not UK citizens because they have been able to live and work in the UK. The free pass and movement of EU members will stop and will (might) require those workers to have VISA and work permits. Obviously it will affect trade among the EU countries too. And the relationship between Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Britain. Its hard because the European countries are in such geographic proximity that their people could move and work more freely and trade. I don't know enough to forecast what will happen, we'll see.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Brit here (and Scot too). I voted remain. My country is screwed, and now Scotland will hold another referendum and likely leave the UK (something I voted against the first time round). The campaign to leave the EU was founded on ignorance, bigotry, lies and hate, and now that our PM has resigned, those asshats will be running the show come October probably. We are a nation divided, where the nostalgia of the old for "the good old days" has put yet another nail in the coffin of the future of young people.

We have spent the last year laughing at you Americans for voting for Trump, but now we are about to potentially have Boris Johnson running things over here. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    Brit here (and Scot too). I voted remain. My country is screwed, and now Scotland will hold another referendum and likely leave the UK (something I voted against the first time round). The campaign to leave the EU was founded on ignorance, bigotry, lies and hate, and now that our PM has resigned, those asshats will be running the show come October probably. We are a nation divided, where the nostalgia of the old for "the good old days" has put yet another nail in the coffin of the future of young people.

We have spent the last year laughing at you Americans for voting for Trump, but now we are about to potentially have Boris Johnson running things over here. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    Hey now, plenty of us are NOT voting for Trump.
  8. Senior Member
    I don't understand how they didn't require a certain percentage for this to go through. The margin of error there is REALLY small. This is a huge vote with such a small margin.
  9. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    I think Scotland will have another vote to leave the U.K.

10. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I'm just really surprised. DH has been reading me articles and different view points for weeks now and I didn't anticipate this outcome.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast