Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Shooting

1. Senior Member

Orlando Shooting

Advertisements
    50 killed in Florida nightclub, shooter pledged ISIS allegiance - CNN.com

I assume everyone has heard about this by now, I'm surprised there's no thread. I'm in total shock over it. The shooter is from my hometown, literally the house that's on the news is 9 minutes away from me right now. It's so fucking weird to see a street you travel on all the time all over the national news.

I really wonder what effect this is going to have on the election.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm at work and haven't been able to follow it much but my heart is so heavy! Prayers to all involved!
  3. Senior Member
    I don't even know right now. I just keep reading and cycling through emotions and numbness. I can't believe this is seriously our world now.
  4. Moderator

I'm sad. Just sad. How horrible for the people there, hiding and messaging family and friends. I've seen moms on TV, still waiting to hear from their children. I just can't wrap my head around the horror of it all.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It's really hard to process, especially with it being so close to home. I feel so sad for the victims and their families, and sad that this is the world we live in.

I Eelizah
  6. Senior Member
    terrible, just terrible.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Also, did you guys see those Westboro Baptist Church fuckheads say it was an act of God that sent the shooter there. Disgusting.

I Eelizah
  8. Senior Member
    It was so upsetting to see the death count climb. It was on when I got to the lobby for work this morning at 3 and the count was at around 20 or 30. I kept it on all morning while I bussed tables and after just a few hours it was up to 50.

I forgot that the guests hadn't seen it yet since they had all just woke up so I came out to see a large group of them huddled by the TV looking shocked. One group had a nephew in that area that they hadn't heard from yet. All I could think to do was kneel down by their table and tell them I would pray with them.

It was certainly a somber morning.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    Also, did you guys see those Westboro Baptist Church fuckheads say it was an act of God that sent the shooter there. Disgusting.
    Of course they did
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    those guys piss me off. as soon as news broke this morning, I told DH that this would get spun into a couple things other than what it is:
    1. a gay thing. unfortunately I know people who I could see saying well, maybe if they weren't gay.... insert westbro here
    2. a political thing, i.e "trump caused this with his rhetoric" or "we're letting muslims rule our country" or some other crap
    3. gun control, "if we had stricter gun laws!", which yeah gun control is an important issue but terrorists tend to do whatever they can to cause damage, like send planes into buildings, or blow up airports or marathons, or what have you.

I wish, for just 5 seconds, when something like this happens that instead of the media trying to find out every bit of info, push every angle, we just had a period where we could be sad and mourn for the lives lost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast