Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orlando Shooting

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Right? They didn't even have enough ambulances so victims were being taken to the hospital in the back of pickup trucks. Fucking insane.
    Yeah, that was really concerning to me. You'd think Orlando would be more on top of that. Imagine if something happened at one of the parks or something.

I Eelizah
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Of course people are mourning, but they also want answers and reassurance that steps are being taken to prevent things like this from happening again. And again. And again. As they have been, because nothing is being done.
    right, and I think that causes people to think irrationally. They're upset, angry, confused, etc. and so they tend to lean towards the first irrational extreme thing they think will help. For instance, banning muslim immigration or banning all "assault type" weapons, regardless of what that actually means. Nothing good comes from a gut reaction to an event.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    Yeah, that was really concerning to me. You'd think Orlando would be more on top of that. Imagine if something happened at one of the parks or something.
    I don't think any city can really prepare for 100+ victims on top of normal care. Idk about them but we do mass casualty training all the time, but having 100 ambulances available to transport isn't... It isn't apart of that. There is field triaging that happens.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    It's not really concerning to me that enough ambulances weren't available, but it really put into perspective how bad it was. That was the first video I saw this morning, victims being carried off in the backs of trucks.
  5. Senior Member
    My sister lives less than 10 minutes from that night club. I'm just so sad and tired of this. I'm tired of the same rhetoric that gets tossed around after yet another mass shooting and how there's been no meaningful action. There HAS to be some middle ground that we can all agree on. Doing nothing is not an option anymore.
  6. Senior Member
    This whole thing is so heart wrenching!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  7. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    I don't think any city can really prepare for 100+ victims on top of normal care. Idk about them but we do mass casualty training all the time, but having 100 ambulances available to transport isn't... It isn't apart of that. There is field triaging that happens.
    Yeah that is a load for any hospital. This whole thing is sickening.
  8. Senior Member
    DF & I know some people who live in a suburb of Orlando, and I know one of them might've gone to that nightclub that night, so I texted him and left a voicemail when I heard about it, just to see if he was okay. He didn't get back to me for hours. Apparently everybody else he knows did the same thing, and he was at work Sunday morning. He said later his phone was blowing up with messages, and he'd forgotten to fully charge it Saturday night. He said he did go there but left way before the shooting started. The whole thing is still such a shock.
  9. Senior Member
    I was at work and wasn't able to really follow the news closely. So so sad and horrific. We have to find someway to stop the radicalization of these people. Tanks, guns and jets just can't stop this stuff. I don't have a solution but we sure need to figure one out.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Very tragic incident. I'm sorry that the great city of Orlando had to experience something of that magnitude. My prayers go out to all the local establishments, universities and colleges, and tourist attractions that had to view all that bad publicity in such a great city.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123