Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Shooting

1. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Advertisements
    I was also shocked there wasn't a thread sooner but I forget I wake up earlier than you all.

So sad.

life's a party, rock your body
  2. Regular Member
    I feel so heartbroken over this. I truly don't understand how someone can have so much hatred in their hearts. Disagree with people being gay? That's your right (although it's weird, uneducated and disrespectful imo). Want to go actually straight up murder 50 people because you disagree with others being gay? I can't wrap my head around it. I just can't. How do you walk into a room full of people having a good time, defenseless, etc., and murder them? I just don't get it, it's upsetting (although upsetting feels like such an understatement). I sat in church today and listened to my pastor preach about love and just cried because I don't understand how someone could be so completely full of hatred.
  3. Senior Member
    Shocked & heart broken. My heart goes out to the LGBT community in Orlando. 50 dead, 53 injured with many in critical condition. I just, I can't imagine how the friends, family, first responders & health care workers in Orlando are handling it right now.
  4. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    those guys piss me off. as soon as news broke this morning, I told DH that this would get spun into a couple things other than what it is:
    1. a gay thing. unfortunately I know people who I could see saying well, maybe if they weren't gay.... insert westbro here
    2. a political thing, i.e "trump caused this with his rhetoric" or "we're letting muslims rule our country" or some other crap
    3. gun control, "if we had stricter gun laws!", which yeah gun control is an important issue but terrorists tend to do whatever they can to cause damage, like send planes into buildings, or blow up airports or marathons, or what have you.

I wish, for just 5 seconds, when something like this happens that instead of the media trying to find out every bit of info, push every angle, we just had a period where we could be sad and mourn for the lives lost.
    Agreed. The whole thing is heart breaking.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    those guys piss me off. as soon as news broke this morning, I told DH that this would get spun into a couple things other than what it is:
    1. a gay thing. unfortunately I know people who I could see saying well, maybe if they weren't gay.... insert westbro here
    2. a political thing, i.e "trump caused this with his rhetoric" or "we're letting muslims rule our country" or some other crap
    3. gun control, "if we had stricter gun laws!", which yeah gun control is an important issue but terrorists tend to do whatever they can to cause damage, like send planes into buildings, or blow up airports or marathons, or what have you.

I wish, for just 5 seconds, when something like this happens that instead of the media trying to find out every bit of info, push every angle, we just had a period where we could be sad and mourn for the lives lost.
    Of course people are mourning, but they also want answers and reassurance that steps are being taken to prevent things like this from happening again. And again. And again. As they have been, because nothing is being done.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Of course people are mourning, but they also want answers and reassurance that steps are being taken to prevent things like this from happening again. And again. And again. As they have been, because nothing is being done.
    Seriously, though I do think these things should be tabled at least 24 hours to let the dust settle a little & get more accurate info instead of the media circus, misinformation crap that always happens.
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    Also, did you guys see those Westboro Baptist Church fuckheads say it was an act of God that sent the shooter there. Disgusting.
    Asshats.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Seriously, though I do think these things should be tabled at least 24 hours to let the dust settle a little & get more accurate info instead of the media circus, misinformation crap that always happens.
    Yeah that's just a consequence of 24 hour news though. They're always going to be immediately reporting whatever they hear because they need to air something. :\ It's a mess. Like even here today, first they said the guy was from Port St Lucie (where I live) and then they said he lived in Fort Pierce (like ten minutes north). One of our main roads has been a circus all day because they raided a house, but then they also evacuated an apartment building in Fort Pierce. I'm still not sure where the guy actually lived lol.

This is crazy though, you guys heard about the singer who was shot in Orlando the day before right? I woke up this morning to a text from my friend saying "oh man, now they're saying the shooter was Muslim, that's gonna be bad." And I was like yeah nobody knows what's going on, yesterday they were saying it was her ex boyfriend and then they changed it to some deranged fan. Like I had NO IDEA there was even another shooting, I had no clue what he was talking about.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah that's just a consequence of 24 hour news though. They're always going to be immediately reporting whatever they hear because they need to air something. :\ It's a mess. Like even here today, first they said the guy was from Port St Lucie (where I live) and then they said he lived in Fort Pierce (like ten minutes north). One of our main roads has been a circus all day because they raided a house, but then they also evacuated an apartment building in Fort Pierce. I'm still not sure where the guy actually lived lol.

This is crazy though, you guys heard about the singer who was shot in Orlando the day before right? I woke up this morning to a text from my friend saying "oh man, now they're saying the shooter was Muslim, that's gonna be bad." And I was like yeah nobody knows what's going on, yesterday they were saying it was her ex boyfriend and then they changed it to some deranged fan. Like I had NO IDEA there was even another shooting, I had no clue what he was talking about.
    Yeah. It's terrible the number of shootings that occur all the time. We have a bunch of serious gun shot wound patients this weekend and I feel like our poor trauma service/neurosurgeons have barely managed. I can't imagine trying to cope with 53 victims in a single area all at once.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Yeah. It's terrible the number of shootings that occur all the time. We have a bunch of serious gun shot wound patients this weekend and I feel like our poor trauma service/neurosurgeons have barely managed. I can't imagine trying to cope with 53 victims in a single area all at once.
    Right? They didn't even have enough ambulances so victims were being taken to the hospital in the back of pickup trucks. Fucking insane.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast