Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Day at Fort Hood

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

Sad Sad Day at Fort Hood

Advertisements
    UPDATE: 1st CD CG issues his condolence for the loss of Soldiers from overturned vehicle off of East Range Road

11:51 a.m. June 2, 2016FORT HOOD, Texas -- Directorate of Emergency Personnel responded to a swift-water rescue call at 11:20 a.m. June 2. A Light Medium Tactical Vehicle was stuck in an area near Cold Springs and Owl Creek off of East Range Road.
    Emergency personnel have rescued six individuals and are still on the scene. Air support has been requested to assist in the search.
    More information will be released as it becomes available.
    2:50 p.m. June 2, 2016FORT HOOD, Texas -- Fort Hood emergency officials continue to conduct rescue operations for an overturned Light Medium Tactical Vehicle at the Owl Creek Tactical low-water crossing and East Range Road.
    Three confirmed deceased Soldiers were recovered from the water downstream from the vehicle.
    The search is ongoing for six Soldiers from the 3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division.
    Three Soldiers were rescued from the water near the vehicle and are in stable condition being transported from Coryell Memorial Healthcare System, Gatesville, Texas, to Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center here.
    Multiple resources from the Fort Hood Directorate of Emergency Services, local and state agencies have been deployed to assist with the rescue and recovery of personnel and property. Emergency operations include aircraft, canine search teams, heavy-ground equipment, swift-water rescue watercraft and search personnel.
    Names of the deceased will not be released until 24 hours after all next of kin have been notified. More information will be released when it becomes available.
    A message from Maj. Gen. John C. Thomson III, 1st Cavalry Division Commanding General:

Message from Pegasus 6: The 1st Cavalry Division is grieving after a training accident at Fort Hood during flash flooding this morning. We are deeply saddened by the loss of several Troopers and continue search operations. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated during this difficult time as we care for the Families, loved ones, and fellow Soldiers of those impacted by this tragedy. God Bless the First Team.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    How sad

3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Prayers for all.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Senior Member
    So sad.... prayers for all
  5. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Just read a news report that 2 more have been found deceased. 4 remain missing.

If it's in your heart/mind to do so, please consider sending a or :goodvibe

So sad, and anxious to go into work tomorrow. Hopefully they let us go out and do crisis intervention/grief counseling ASAP.
    Last edited by sweetvanity; 06-03-2016 at 12:38 PM.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  6. Senior Member
    Very sad. We've been getting so much rain, and it's been flooding so much. Just the other day I saw a video of a jeep pushed away by the river in my hometown, like the jeep didn't even weigh anything. They always say turn around don't drown! I wish they had postponed the training for these guys

7. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    And of course the press is here. :eyeroll
    I haven't had to practice my, "No comment" in a while.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  8. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

My heart goes out to those grieving the loss of their loved ones. This is so tragic.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

9. Senior Member
    Sending so many well wishes, it's incredibly sad
  10. Senior Member
    Military times just updated saying that the other 4 were found dead as well making all 9 gone. Sending well wishes to their families and friends as well as the base
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast